The Accademia Secolo XXI has ben founded as cultural association on February 2004. It has been created in Legnago, in 2001, under the name Accademia Musicale Salieri, from the idea of the second violinist Francesco Scomparin, and Virginio Zoccatelli, the artistic and musical director. Into "Accademia" merged the previous artistic experiences realized with the Arkèn Ensamble (for modern and contemporary music) and with the Urs Machler Ensamble, and it saw the participation of famous soloists and actors, such as P. Valerio and P. Pitagora. With the orchestra have been collaborating qualified professional musicians, who had continuous and stable artistic relations with some of the most prestigious Italian and European orchestras. The orchestra started in the 2001/2002 musical season of the Salieri Theater in Legnago, with Prokofiev's "Pierino e il Lupo" production, with Giulia Lazzarini as narrating voice. In 2002/2003 season, the Accademia presented Vivaldi's opera "Le Quattro Stagioni" , with Piero Toso as soloist.
In collaboration with the "Associazione Scuola d'istrumenti ad arco A. Salieri" and the Legnago City Cultural Department, the "Accademia" headed the annual festival "Le scuole a Concerto" ("Schools go to concert"), from 2001 to 2004.
The Accademia Secolo XXI produced:
-"La Natività, spiritualità, arte e musica" (Nativity: spirituality, art and music; Dec. 2001)
-"Serata di Gala" (Soirée; May 2002)
- "Concerti di Natale"(Christmas Concerts; 2002)
- "Concerto per la notte di San Silvestro" ("New Year' s Eve Concert"; es. 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, at Salieri Theater)
- "Per una Via Crucis" (Apr. 2003; 2006)
- "Note d'Amore" (Love notes, June 2003)
- "Gran Galà con Cecilia Gasdia (June 2004)
"La Maschera" (The Mask, educational work for schools, Feb 2005)
- " La favola id Mozart" (Mozart's Tale, educational work for schools, May 2006)
- Gran Galà con Katia Ricciarelli (June 2005)