"For those who like a little more edge to their
acoustic-driven tales of love and life" Musician
Firmly rooted in the acoustic singer-songwriter genre Al Start's exceptional songwriting style and charismatic performances set her apart from the rest.
Al's melodies are sweet, soulful and incredibly catchy; her strong guitar style provides the perfect balance.
These are beautifully crafted songs with themes we can all identify with, yet with refreshingly different subject matter. Delivered with personality, humour and passion; certainly not your average love songs!
I have been playing music in schools for about 3 years now. I run singing assemblies in schools around Brighton & Hove, where we sing songs I have written with loads of signs and actions to make them really fun and easy to learn. I am known as “Sign Up for Singing”.
I also teach guitar, djembe (African drum), keyboard and songwriting & composition for a project called “Soundmakers”.
I love writing songs for children and draw my inspiration both from the topics that they are studying at school and my 22 years experience of Playworking with children. There’s nothing more rewarding than a hall full of 6 year olds bellowing out my songs with grins all over their faces!
I have 2 children’s albums and a book&CD available to buy now!
10 fascinating facts about AL:
1) I have a hedgehog living in my coal bunker
2) We named her Mrs. Brambles and she likes cat food for her dinner
3) My favourite colour is purple
4) My best dinner is roast chicken…mmm yummy!
5) I cannot touch my nose with my tongue, sadly
6) When I was little, I was chased across a field by a hungry pony that ate my sausages…I am now slightly nervous around horses
7) My new favourite instrument is the little ukulele
8) I taught myself to play the guitar when I was 12
9) My hero was The Fonz (who's my hair hero too)
10) I love all kinds of music, and singing is the thing that makes me happiest in the whole world