ASSAF KEHATI: Jazz guitarist and composer Assaf Kehati arrived to the USA in 2007 and after a short time he has made waves in the jazz scene by working with such names as Ran Blake (piano), George Garzone (sax), Eli Degibri (sax), Ziv Ravitz (drums), Will Vinson (sax) and legendary drummer Billy Hart (Miles Davis, Wes Montgomery) and by performing in such venues as Blue Note, NYC, Regattabar, Boston, Washington DC Jazz Festival, MuzEnergo (Russia) Jazz Festival, New England Cable News and Eric Harvie Theatre, Canada.
THE MUSIC: Kehati has recorded two CDs – A View From My Window (2010) and Flowers and Other Stories (2011). His compositions are inspired by the daily and trivial, yet wonderful and significant experiences of life: from a winter, snow-laden view of Fenway Park from his apartment porch (A View From My Window), to the mundane but satisfying life of a snail (Sunshine Berale), to a girl seeking love in a land beyond the oceans (The Snow and the Sun), and to a story about the universal character, Mr. Mario that travels the world like a gypsy to places like Africa, the Middle East and the Pyramids in Egypt (Mr.Mario).
• “An impressive musical production from start to finish”. - CYRUS RHODES, MUSES MUSE
• “A new chapter of modern jazz”. - EDWARD BLANCO, EJAZZNEWS
• “A master musical sculptor”. - DAN BILAWSKY, ALL ABOUT JAZZ
• “This quartet headed up by Kehati is simply amazing!”. - MICHAEL MULLINS, SKOPE
• “You’ll savor the exotic-sounding intimacy of this group”. - KEN FRANCKLING, JAZZ NOTES