BILL HOWL-N-MADD PERRY – Performer & Songwriter
Bill Howl-N-Madd Perry is a favorite and a regular performer at Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale, Mississippi. His music keeps blues lovers on the dance floor. He is a legendary Blues Musicians who is noted on two of the Historical Mississippi Blues Trail Markers located in front of Po Monkey’s Juke Joint in Merigold, MS and one located on the square in Oxford, Mississippi. Perry’s band includes his daughter Sharo and his son Bill Jr. who are each noted on the Mississippi Blues Highway marker in Oxford. The band generally comprises from five to seven talented musicians. The band performs a fun Juke Joint style music which keeps most people on the dance floor.
Bill’s show is mostly original songs with some of the favorite cover songs included. His most recent CD The Clarksdale Sessions (produced by Grammy nominated Gary Vincent at The Clarksdale Soundstage) features songs which take Bill Howl-N-Madd Perry into new territory musically. His songs Saturday Night, Delta Women, and Reason to Believe as well as others on the CD are already becoming big hits with the fans.
Perry began his career in Chicago where he worked for Phil Chess and Stan Lewis. In his early career Bill Howl-N-Madd Perry spent some time in Chicago where he wrote for musicians such as Lil Johnny Taylor, Ted Taylor, and Cash McCall. He worked for Phil Chess as a studio musician and for Stan Lewis where he wrote for Jewel Paula Records. He did a stint writing for J.J. Taylor on a Willie Dixon Label. Later he joined up with Little Milton for a while and then started his own band. He has traveled with his family band and then with his Howl-N-Madd band throughout the U.S. He spent a year touring in Indonesia and the band was at Big Mamas Jook Joint in Hong Kong for several months. Howl-N-Madd has performed in most of the Mississippi Festivals at one time or another and at International Blues Festivals. Bill writes his own music and has produced many CD’s.
Discography of Recent CD’s by Howl-N-Madd 2012 “The Clarksdale Sessions”; 2011 “Blues is Not Exclusive” – a Blues Sampler; 2009 “Way of Blues”; 2007 “Jook Joint Jump”; 2006 “Reason I Sing the Blues” and in 2010 the CD “Twice as Nice” with Alphonso Sanders
International Blues Challenge Winner 2010 Alphonso Sanders & Bill Howl-N-Madd Perry Duo winning 2nd Place in the Challenge.
Way of Blues Album Recognitions
Album of the Month by Baker Street Radio in France; #1 consecutively during April, May, June, July, August and September 2010 at Le Collectif des Radio in France; Way of Blues CD Song Five Dollars and a Dime nominated as Song of the Year in France by Xav Boulanger of Baker Street Radio; Way of Blues was selected as #1 by Bill Wax on B.B. King’s Bluesville, XM Satellite Radio Picks to Click; Way of Blues tract from the Way of Blues CD selected Song of the Year by Big City Rhythm & Blues Magazine in 2011.
Bill Howl-N-Madd Perry Recognitions
1. Mississippi Blues Trail Markers noted on two: Po Monkey’s Juke Joint in Merigold, MS and the marker on the square in Oxford, Mississippi
2. Delta Blues Museum in Clarksdale, Mississippi features a display on Bill’s career which includes photos and memorabilia
3. Movie with Cuba Gooding, Jr. – Way of War – Bill played the Bluesman
4. Gene Simmons Family Jewels – Bill played the devil at the Crossroads in a television segment about the Blues
5. B.B. King International Blues Education Workshop – Bill was featured panelist
6. Mississippi Artist Roster member
7. Voice of America Video “Passing Down the Blues through the Ages” Features Bill Howl-N-Madd Perry
8. Featured in numerous Advertisements such as those produced by the Mississippi Visitors Bureau
Partial list of festivals – Southside Shuffle, Mississauga, Canada; Arkansas Blues and Heritage Festival, Helena, Arkansas; Sunflower River Festival, Clarksdale, Ms; Hwy 61 Blues Festival, Leland, MS, Crossroads Blues Festival, Rosedale, MS; Pinetop Perkins Festival, Belzonia, MS Hambone Festival, Clarksdale, MS; Dodgeville Blues Festival, Dodgeville, Wisconsin; Hayward City Blues Festival, Russell City, CA; B.B. King Blues Festival, Indianola, MS; Jacksonville Beach Festival, Jacksonville Beach, FL; Chicago Blues Festival, Chicago, Il, part of the Way of Blues Revue Band which features legendary Mississippi Blues musicians that headlined the Mississippi Valley Blues Festival in Davenport, Iowa.
Press includes articles in Magazines such as Blues & Rhythm, IL Blues, Blues Revue and Big City Rhythm & Blues Magazine
LINKS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
2. www.reverbnation.com/billhowlnmaddperry Music Samples and Videos
3. http://www.myspace.com/billhowlnmaddperry Music Samples and Videos
4. http://www.youtube.com/billperryblues Videos
5. http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/BillHowlNMaddPerry Purchase Music
6. http://www.mississippideltabluesinfo.com Management & Booking information
Management & Booking: Mississippi Delta Blues Inc., Carol Marble 662-347-2869 firstname.lastname@example.org