Copenhagen, Denmark. Not the most likely place for a band to emerge with the obvious surfing pedigree of El Ray. The band show a versatility of sound and an ear for catchy, toe tapping melody which takes them beyond the cliches that can often be associated with the surfing genre. Combining a fresh, modern style with a healthy nod to the past, «surf with a twist», El Ray have managed to achieve a new, classic sound.
El Ray are always ready to invite their audience to ride the wild waves of surf in clubs all over.
Better Surf Than Sorry - it's time to join the party!
El Ray was formed in 2001
El Firetone aka Jesper Grud – Guitar
El Twang aka Lars Sveistrup Hansen – Guitar
El Kid’o aka Rasmus Nybo – Bass
El Fuerte aka Jørgen Dai Jensen – Drums
• Highwave to Hell — 23 Golden Hits 2001-2006 (CD), Green Cookie Records (2007)
• Holiday On Ice (Vinyl - 10"), Heptown Records (2006)
• Tick...Tick...Tick... (CD), Heptown Records (2004)
• Shoot From The Hip (CD), Alternate Records (2002)
• Double A-Side (single), Alternate Records (2002)
• First demo-EP in 2001
• and some compilations during the years:
Continental Magazine CD Sampler #10 and #11 (US, 2003/2004)
Jesus Christ Surferstar, OmOm Records (Italy, 2003)
Played around 100+ gigs so far. Around 60+ of those gigs played with great success outside Denmark in Germany, Benelux, Sweden, Switzerland and Austria.
Have played with/opened for bands like: Fifty Foot Combo (B), Nokie Edwards (The Ventures) (US), The Tremolo Beer Gut (DK), Hawaii Samurai (F), Hypnotic IV (US), The Shavers (NL), The Anacondas (NL) etc.