JENIQUA (R&B/SOUL RECORDING ARTIST/SONGWRITER - MONARCHY RECORDS)
The Australian born singer/songwriter is equally comfortable with R&B, Soul, and Jazz fusion. Her voice blends elements of these genres naturally to create a unique sound where every note exceeds expectations. Jeniqua writes all her songs, straight from the heart and does all her own backing vocals, vocal arrangements, and co-production on her songs.
Jeniqua was born into a BIG family. Unique, in that it was referred to, as the ‘1,2, 3 Family’, as her parents, had, first child, then twins & then triplets. Jeniqua is one of the triplets. Born in Australia, though parents heritage is European (Swiss, Danish, Polish, French, Irish, Scottish).
“Jeniqua is a phenomenal singer & songwriter that is not afraid to be herself. The out-pouring of her lyrics are truly positive & captivating. I recommend her music, not just to music lovers, but also for those who are seeking comfort & trying to find some release”, says Norma Carby, Lifestyle Mentor & Coach.
Always known she had a God given talent for singing, as a young girl, chose to take her natural gift further. Her voice was once assessed by a local vocal coach where she picked up the skills to be able to pass on her natural talent, along with knowledge of vocal posture, to others and began vocal coaching. She had also written poetry from a young age, went on to teach herself piano, adding melodies and chords to poetry verses and eventually writing lyrics to her own songs, as her creativity continued to blossom. Jeniqua has sung arias in Italian, German & English while placing third in an Eisteddfod performing a moving rendition of a negro spiritual, fronting for cover bands, writing and arranging vocals for various projects, worship leader and vocal director on two Gospel albums, she continued to evolve. She has traveled to New Zealand, Canada and the USA singing at major venues highlighted by her acclaimed performance at the Bethany Baptist Church in New Jersey and the Red Kiva in Chicago.
Below are some of Jeniqua’s accomplishments:
•Won the Gospel category for two consecutive years for 2001 & 2002 and a finalist in the R&B Category, in the ‘SONY MUSICOZ AWARDS’ (Australian wide /NZ Song-writing Comp).
• Worship leader, lead vocalist & vocal director for 3 Gospel albums released in Australia, in 2002 and 2003 and toured throughout USA & NZ. Jeniqua’s songs aired on local radio station, (103.2fm, Sydney) and other radio stations in the USA.
• In Sept 2010, Jeniqua’s track, ‘GET READY’ featuring her daughter, Shanice, was selected to be apart of a soul compilation album, released in the UK, and had airplay on Soul Radio Shows, across Europe.
• Jeniqua was a top finalist, with 2 tracks in the Gospel category of the Australian/New Zealand, MUSICOZ AWARDS in 2010.
• In March 2010, Jeniqua was featured Artist/Songwriter with her song ‘MAKING LOVE’, (written by Jeniqua 5th Feb 2009, and prod - CM), on the soul compilation album, ‘Back For More’, released out of Europe. The album charted in Europe, for many weeks, No1. on the Sweet Rhythm Charts for over 8 weeks and top of the charts on other radio play charts such as, Solar Radio and Soul Choonz. In August 2010, the soul compilation album ‘Back For More’, won two, SOUL SURVIVORS AWARDS. One for ‘Best New Soul Album’ and the 2nd, ‘Best Global Soul Artist/Group)’. Jeniqua’s ‘MAKING LOVE’ was chosen as the next Single, off the ‘Back For More’ album, having received incredible reviews, attention and airplay, leading to 5 remixes also released, in 2011. As at 23rd Oct 2011, the urbanized mix had been at No.1 spot for approximately 12 weeks straight, along with 4 different remixes of ‘Making Love, all in the one chart (Top 20 Downloads R&B/Hip Hop Category), on traxsource. ‘Making Love’, also debuted at No.11 ON THE UK SOUL CHART (Independent chart) . Within a few days, had jumped up 8 spots, to No.3 . Remained there for a few weeks.
• Since the single release, ‘Making Love’, was voted, the ‘most played song of 2010’, and many times selected as ‘favourite song of 2010/2011’ on various playlists across the globe. All of Jeniqua’s music has gained amazing reviews across the UK, America, Africa, Brazil, France, including further airplay on mainstream radio.
• At the end of 2011, Making Love (urbanized mix) was still sitting at No.1 spot on Traxsource.com (R&B/Hip Hop Top 100 Downloads), a year and a half on, since it's first release.
• Back in Australia, Jeniqua was sitting at the top of the Triple J Unearthed (Independent Dance Chart), in Sept 2011 with 3 of her songs: No.1 (Making Love), No.2 (Runn'n) and No.3 (Livin It Up, with Dminus). On the overall chart for Triple J, Jeniqua sat at No.41 (Runn'n), No.42 (Making Love) & No.46 (Livin It Up).
• In 2012, Jeniqua released 3 Singles from her forthcoming Gospel Album ‘Awaken My Soul’, due for release in 2013. All given airplay across the globe on independent and mainstream radio stations.
• While Jeniqua’s music was making an impact on the independent soul music charts in Europe, in 2010, back in homeland Sydney, Australia, she was offered a role as one of the Vocal Coaches at a Private Music College, JMC Academy in the heart of the city of Sydney, for 1st & 2nd Year Bachelor of Entertainment Students - Vocal Elective. She remained a vocal coach there for a few years, helping others fine-tune their voices and performances.
• In October 2012, Jeniqua’s, ‘Say Goodbye’ and ‘Making Love’, recordings were featured at the Pocono Film Festival, USA.
• January 2013, Jeniqua was nominated for ‘BEST FEMALE VOCALIST’, at the 32nd CHICAGO MUSIC AWARDS (CMA’s) 2013. The Awards ceremony was held in Chicago on, 20th Jan 2013, then in February 2013, her video clip sat at No.1 in an open vote for ‘Best Independent Video Clip’, on a US show (Marc Gordon).
• As at 6th Feb 2013, Making Love (Urbanized mix) still sitting at No.1 on the Traxsource Chart for Top 100, Most Downloaded song (R&B/Hip Hop Category and No. 2 in the Lounge/Chill Out Category), and has remained high up in this chart for nearly 3 years now (eg: No.1, 2 & 3), since it’s first release back in March 2010… People from all over the globe are loving it, as it takes on a life of it’s own and more people hear it.
• In Feb 2013, Jeniqua released a 7 song EP, as a sampler of what’s to follow on her Debut album. The EP debuted at No.10 & Single: ‘Better Day’ at No.3 on a Radio Airplay Chart (UK).
• In November 2013, Jeniqua was a finalist in 4 Categories of the 2013, Australian Independent Music Awards – Acoustic singer/songwriter, urban, best video & christian/gospel.
At the present time, Jeniqua is gigging around with her band and ‘unplugged’ outfit with her guitarist, as ‘Jeniqua Live’, showcasing her originals and some soulful favourites. She is still also fronting an R&B/acid jazz/groove duo/trio & band, from Sydney, and has done for 10 years, performing at prestigious functions and corporate events in Sydney, interstate and overseas, when requested.
In August 2013, Chico Nieves Stevens, became her new manager, and shortly after, Jeniqua, signed a licensing deal on 27th Sept 2013 with US label, Monarchy Records. Next release will be her Debut album, followed by other projects.
Always writing and inspired by much, and a deep desire to share her heart, and journey through music, Jeniqua has many more songs to share with you. Grateful to all the radio stations, that feature her on playlists and in rotation and to her fans across the Globe, that support her music.
Jeniqua’s huge voice and talent has been compared to many established recording artist that influenced her development, though make no mistake as a vocalist, her voice is an unmistakably unique and divine gift. Her combined talents and style make her the complete package entertainer. Jeniqua’s voice, stage presence, raw talent and work ethic will have a huge impact on the industry.
MANAGEMENT: CHICO NIEVES STEVENS (email@example.com)