Juwita Suwito began her solo career in 2004 when she released her award-winning album, Brand New World. Since then, she has released a sophomore album, a live EP, two singles, and has had multiple AIM (Malaysian Music Industry Awards) nominations.
Juwita's journey in the professional music scene began in her teens as backing vocalist for leading Malaysian artistes at gigs, mega concerts and prominent award shows. She soon developed her versatility and was often called upon to record song demos for East Asian publishing houses. In unexpected turns of events, some of these demos were regionally released and caught the attention of many a curious listener. One example is her moving rendition of “Breathe Again” published by Warner Music Taiwan in the original soundtrack for Mandarin TV drama series ‘The Outsiders’.
As a vocalist, performer and songwriter, Juwita continues to make headway in the global arena. In 2008, an Indonesian edition of “Brand New World” was released in partnership with Insight Unlimited Indonesia. Tracks from her studio albums have been released in Hong Kong in Universal Music’s compilation albums featuring renowned international female artistes like Eva Cassidy and A-Mei. Back on local shores, Juwita has been featured in the Original Soundtrack of the movie ‘Gol & Gincu’ and its ensuing TV series.
Here are some of her performance highlights:
• Yamaha Endorsee Showcase – Dewan Perdana, Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (June 2004)
• Penang Island Jazz Festival (Main Stage) – Bayview Beach Resort, Penang, Malaysia (December 2004)
• Esplanade Theatres on the Bay – Singapore (May 2007)
• International Women’s Summit (Official Opening) – Kenyatta International Convention Center, Nairobi, Kenya (July 2007)
• Take Five with Juwita Suwito at the Cavern – Adelaide, Australia (August 2008)
• Sunburst KL (Loud & Clear Stage) – Bukit Kiara Equestrian Club, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (March 2009)
• Juwita Suwito Live with Orchestre Nouveau – Arrow on Swanston, Melbourne, Australia (September 2009)
• Aubrey Suwito’s ‘Christmas with Friends’ Live Recording Concert – Dream Centre, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia (August 2010)
• Change Your World – Slava Zhizny Concert Hall, Moscow, Russia (March 2011)
• IWS Mary Robinson Award Ceremony for Young Women’s Leadership in Human Rights – Zurich, Switzerland (July 2011)
• Love Moscow Concert – Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel, Moscow, Russia (March 2012)
• KK Jazz Festival (Main Stage) – Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia (June 2012)
• MPO Happy Hour Concert with Juwita Suwito - at Dewan Filharmonik Petronas, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (June 2013)
• SapuraKencana Petroleum Malaysia Grand Prix Gala & Concert with David Foster & Friends - Shangri-la Hotel, Kuala Lumpur (March 2014)
Juwita’s songs have also had massive airplay on Fly FM, iM4U FM, Lite FM, Hot FM and Filipino radio stations Magic 89.9 and Nu107 FM. Other radio stations and TV channels that have played her songs include Hitz.FM, Channel [V], MTV Asia, Radio Australia, Curtin FM, Hong Kong’s RTHK and Swiss (DRS) Radio. She is also the Bahasa Malaysia singing voice of Disney characters Rapunzel (Tangled), Princess Jasmine (Aladdin), Pocahontas and Esmerelda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame).
She thrives on a down-to-earth relationship with her listeners and has a passion to encourage youth to discover and realize their full potential.