LISA HALEY – GRAMMY Nominee - Americana/Cajun/Zydeco category
"Joyful, exotic... a la the bluesy moans of Janis Joplin..." - Los Angeles Times
The Violin Queen! The most joyful act on tour today!
Prepare to catch “Zydecosis!”
This GRAMMY Nominated fiddler, dancer, vocalist, and songwriter serves up
heart-moving Louisiana Bayou rhythms, traditional stylings and original songs speaking to all ages.
Bringing modern Roots music to a wide audience reaches far beyond solely traditional genre.
• GRAMMY Nominated album “King Cake” on Billboard World Chart
• Representing Zydeco for GRAMMY Museum, Hollywood Bowl Summersounds,
Sir George Martin (Beatles producer) film “Rhythm of Life,” and festivals worldwide.
• “Zydeco Band of the Year” Bay Area Blues Society
• Celebrating 15 years as a band!
• Latest album “Absolutely Live!”
• Touring in over 20 countries - Festival, Performing Arts, Concert Hall and Educational Shows.
• Pollstar Box Office sellouts - US and European dates
• Please see our EPK and new video at http://www.lisahaley.com/
Lisa's band The Zydekats include:
• Chuck Alvarez, guitarist for Tim Weisberg/The Emotions;
• Gigi “Gee” Rabe, “L.A.’s Accordion Diva” for Micky Dolenz (Monkees) /Never Shout Never
• Andy Anders, bassist for Louisiana music legend Joe Simien/Joe Daly; and
• Maria Martinez, drummer for Rita Cooledge/Barry White/Johnny Paycheck
• The ultimate compliment: "That girl plays as good as a man!" - Clifton Chenier, "The King of Zydeco"
• “The ‘Mick Jagger’ of Zydeco – Swamp-Rock ala Bonnie Raitt and Lucinda Williams” - Jake Bacon, KUCI Radio
• "Lisa has the Spirit in her, big time! Her music just plain grabs you and takes you over!"
- KebMo', multi-Grammy winner, co-producer of “Talking to the Sun” on Ryko/Warner
• "...enormous fun... makes people want to get up and enjoy!" - Sir George Martin (Beatles' producer)
A Blue Fiddle Records recording artist, Lisa's family music combines multi-faceted Louisiana French, Irish Celtic, Blues and Jazz genres, in which she is well-versed. The power of family songs and stories convey our shared human emotion - a cultural journey transforming over time.
With her All-Star band, Lisa performs for millions of fans in concerts and festivals, films, TV, commercials radio and educational shows worldwide, to all ages in genres including Americana, Cajun/Zydeco, Jazz, Folk, World, Rock, Pop, Blues, and Bluegrass.
• Lisa has worked with multi-Grammy winner/producer KebMo', Beatles’ producer Sir George
Martin, Little Richard, Queen Ida, Brian Setzer, John Hiatt, Randy Newman, Lyle Lovett, Taj
Mahal, Dave Koz, Al Rapone, Rockin' Sydney, Joe Simien, and a host of others.
• Music director, Emmy-winning "Late Mr Pete Show."
• In films Beverly Hillbillies Movie, Man in the Moon, Red Dragon, Forgetting Sarah Marshall
and more, soundtrack on film “The Waterboy.”
• Absolutely Live! (2008) on Blue Fiddle Records
• King Cake (2007) – GRAMMY Nominated 2008 on Blue Fiddle Records
• All the Way Live! (2005) on Blue Fiddle Records
• Reggie Alligator (2005) single on Blue Fiddle Records
• Talking to the Sun (2002) on Ryko/Warner
• Louisiana (2000) on Corazong Records Europe (compilation)
• The Music of Joe Simien (1999) on Blue Fiddle Records
• Waiting for the Sky (1997) on Blue Fiddle Records
• Lisa Haley & the Zydekats (1995) on Blue Fiddle Records
The ultimate complement: "That girl plays as good as a man!"
- Clifton Chenier, "The King of Zydeco"
“A world-class show – all the way to the top! We need more like Lisa Haley!”
- John Ertl, Bastille Days Fest, Milwaukee
“The ‘Mick Jagger’ of Zydeco – Swamp-Rock ala Bonnie Raitt and Lucinda Williams”
- Jake Bacon, KUCI Radio
"Lisa has the Spirit in her, big time! Her music just plain grabs you and takes you over!"
- KebMo', multi-GRAMMY winner, co-producer, “Talking to the Sun” on Ryko/Warner
"...enormous fun... makes people want to get up and enjoy!"
- Sir George Martin (Beatles' producer)
Endorsers: Barcus Berry, Yamaha, Peavey, Hohner, JBL, Fender/SWR, Korg, DW, Paiste, Thomastik, Korg, /Marshall/Vox, Shure, ProCo, ProTec.