LYNN YEW EVERS BIOGRAPHY
PIANIST ~ PERFORMER
I am a graduate of Trinity College of Music, London and have been performing on the piano since I was 6 years old. I am an accomplished concert pianist, a teacher, have played the keyboard in a rock band, and served as a judge for piano competitions. My genres include classical/crossover, adult contemporary, and pop.
My major accomplishments include:
◦ Performed, by invitation, for the King and Queen of Malaysia.
◦ Performed, by invitation, for the Prime Minister, and other dignitaries of Malaysia.
◦ Play improvised music for various ballet schools and tap dance schools in Malaysia and the U.S.
◦ Accompanied the renowned choir in Malaysia and the United States.
◦ Judged performance for HDTV Productions to select most promising star of the year
◦ Accompanied vocalists and choirs for live performances on the radio and for recording sessions.
◦ Arrange musical compositions for various venues including brass bands, ensembles, and chamber orchestras. This includes arranging the scores for all of the instruments.
◦ Accompanied renowned vocalists and instrumentalists throughout Malaysia and the United States.
◦ The primary pianist for various choirs and theaters in the United States.
COMPOSER ~ ARRANGER
I have the gift of perfect pitch and an intuitive understanding of music and am able to hear every note played by every instrument. I know how they should be written and arranged in order to produce pleasing sounds that evoke a range of emotions and imaginations, which allows the audience to experience music as well as hear it. I use these gifts to compose and arrange music for performers in Malaysia and in the United States. I have also used these gifts to compose, arrange, and produce my own music.
My major accomplishments in this area include:
◦ Composed, arranged, and produced the music for my CD titled 'The Falling Leaves'.
◦ Composed and arranged the music for my 2nd CD titled 'Dawn of Peace' which was produced by Will Ackerman, a Grammy winning guitarist.
◦ Arranged and co-produced music for 35-piece chamber orchestra.
◦ Arranger and pianist for 8 piece 'unplugged' ensemble.
◦ Arranger and pianist for Fusion Unplugged ensemble which raised money for the Breast Cancer Awareness Society.
In the mornings I sit by my piano with a cup of white coffee and look out the window. The coffee is hot and soothing. The view is scenic and peaceful. These inspire me and I play as the scenery moves across my mind: a bird, a deer, a car, a runner... a song takes root. When I am done I think about my goals as a musician - to write, to play, to teach, to record, to perform.