A Flamenco guitarist, composer, percussionist, and vocalist, Miguel “Mito” de Soto hails from a long line of musicians of various musical genres. There are many talented musicians in Mito’s matriarchal and patriarchal lineage; and out of respect for his heritage, Mito has continually made it his goal to pursue music professionally.
• One year in MM program at U.W.-Milwaukee for Music Composition/Technology (Orchestral) ‘98.
• Post Baccalaureate - McNair Academic Achievement Program ‘96.
• Various Masters workshops in multiple genres in Spain and U.S.
Headlining performances at:
• Chestnut Center for the Arts, Marshfield, WI.
• Portage County Cultural Festival, WI.
• New Mexico Expo, Albuquerque, NM.
• Spanish Colonial Arts, Santa Fe, NM.
• “International Folk Art Festival“, with Tamara, Fayetteville, NC.
• “Cultural Art Fest“ with Viva Flamenco, Durham, NC.
• “Lake City Arts Festival” Lake City, CO; with W. Wesley Johnson.
• “Loretto Chapel” multi-cultural events, NM.
• “Georgia O'Keefe Art Gallery” Santa Fe, NM, with W. Wesley Johnson.
• Taos Inn 75th Anniversary Event, NM.
• “Cibola Arts Council” Grants, NM, with W. Wesley Johnson.
• “Latino Awareness Month“ Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, NC.
• “Latino Composers Concert“, Milwaukee, WI.