Teen singing sensation Olivia Kenya has come to take the music industry by storm. (Born1995, in San Jose, California).
Olivia is a young American Pop /R&B singer, songwriter, dancer and actress.
Olivia Kenya grew up listening to several genres of music; however it was at the tender age of 8 that she realized her passion for singing, while a member of the Valley Christian Elementary School Choir.
At age 12, Olivia began performing around her hometown, at festivals, fairs and several soloist and choir competitions… In fact, it was during this time in which she started writing songs.
Aside from being known for her vocal ability and apart from her work in music, she has also dedicated much of her time to charities, and community causes; Woman’s House of Grace.
Olivia is a member of the Artist Development Studio in the San Francisco Bay Area known as UGMX Developmental Studio™.
Olivia has worked with several well-known producers, but in one particular is Prince "BLK MAGIC" Damon (www.princedamons.com). Olivia has been Blessed to work with various talented vocal coaches; such as Latoya London; fourth-place finalists of season three of American Idol.
She is a member of the Valley Christian High School elite Jazz vocal choir; Room 107. Olivia’s primary aspirations are to graduate high school early and attend Berklee College of Music, Boston MA. She loves to do other activities when not performing; such as reading “I love to read this gives me quiet time alone to reflect and dream of other places in the world” states Olivia.
She loves all types of music genres; especially R&B, Jazz, and Worship/Gospel. Alicia Keys was the artist that inspired Olivia to pursue her passion and with the encouragement from family and friends Her favorite artist is Alicia Keys.
"With God, all things are Possible. And I believe as long as I stay true to myself, continue to honor my faith, love my family, and remain humble, I’m good, because I know from whom my Blessings come from”. OK
! World Peace !
• X-Factor: San Francisco, CA (Top 200 – Executive Producer)
• Valley Christian High’s 'Room 107' – Folsom Jazz Competition Regional Winner; Category: Group
• Teen Idol Competition (Los Gatos, CA) - Finalist
• DOWNBEAT Magazine (34th Annual Student Music Award) – 2011 High School Winner Vocal
• Livermore, CA Vocal Competition – Semi-finalist (220 Entries)
• Valley Christian High – Folsom Jazz Competition Vocal Category ages 14-17 years old
• All-Star’s Talent Competition – San Francisco, CA. – First Place Vocal Category ages 13-18 years old
• Valley Christian Jr. High – Quest Jazz Group (3 Vocalist) Pleasanton, Ca. Jazz Competition First Place.
• Valley Christian Jr. High – Jr. High Choir sang at Disneyland
• Awarded a Valley Christian vocal scholarship
• All-Star’s Talent Competition – Second Place Vocal Category ages 13-18 years old
• Valley Christian Jr. High – Quest Choir (3 vocalist) West Valley College, San Jose, CA Jazz Competition received Vocal “Exempla nary Award” Jr. High Category
• Member of “Honor Jazz Group”