Songwriter Steve Eaton writes:
"Just recently Rick gave me a new CD that he created called “Boxing Above my Weight” and sub-titled “Clean jazz for dance and the open road.” He is a musician friend of mine who plays killer Jazz guitar.
I have listened to it twice in my car while traveling to a couple of my own gigs and I have to say it is one of the best cruising CDs I have heard in quite a while. I like it because the arrangements are well structured with very colorful chord changes that take me back to the feelings I get when I listen to Henry Mancini.
I’m not sure which song on this CD is my favorite because I actually like them all. Any one of these compositions would fit nicely in a Peter Seller’s movie. If you like instrumental music that actually makes you feel good, this well produced and arranged compilation of 13 songs will adjust your attitude and put you in a great mood."
* I am a composer/ performer currently working with studio & live tracks for movie, video, dance, and support audio.
* Contributing to multiple types & styles of content to facilitate a good listening experience first: my focus is on tune concept.
* Tunes are written also with a mind to support artists who want to write their own lyrics, place their own lead instruments, add their unique style or expand
to big band charts.
* I have been performing on guitar or bass for most of my adult life, recently working in various jazz combos, and currently, I completed two albums that I wrote and produced.
* My day job was a sound & vibrations engineer up until the outsourcing craze.
* Married, 2 daughters.
* The biggest risk is not taking one. So here goes.