There is more to a live show than performing songs in front of a crowd. It's about being able to engage them in an experience. The Getaway Car is an indie-rock/alt band that delivers a powerful, passionate sound, making their recordings an introduction to their memorable concerts. Using a megaphone, crowd participation or unexpectedly breaking down in the middle of a song with a multi-member drum solo are just some of the ways they capture the attention of new fans at a show.
The songs are written with just as much thought and energy as their live set. Based from either their own personal experiences or witnessed by others, their songs are meant to share a story. The Getaway Car is more than just another band - it is an experience.
* A new, full-length, album titled, Maps, is due to hit the streets in March of 2013. Standout tracks gaining spins on internet radio and blogs include Sum, Holes and Forever.
* As the featured indie band at newreleasetuesday.com in January of 2013, their single, Forever, was downloaded by fans over 2, 200 times in just 2 weeks! Also, in July of 2011, their first single, Echo, was downloaded by more than 2,500 of the music sites subscribers.* Performed at Boise's annual Art in the Park 2012 festival.
* After it’s 4th show together, TGC took 2nd place (out of 60) at the Knitting Factory Boise's
2011 Battle of the bands.
* Two limited edition EPs were released in the second half of 2011. “Ready” and
“Set” paved the way for a third recording and release currently only available as a free fan download, titled “Go”.
* Ready, Set and Go were mastered in Nashville, TN by Silas Zaffiro.