From humble beginnings as a group of 6 young musicians wanting to make use of their gift to bring others closer God, Tonality Acappella has already been blessed way beyond their expectations. To date, they have:
• Performed and ministered in churches, at concerts, weddings and funerals in many different corners of Cape Town and East London;
• Recorded backing vocals for Zandi Gobozi, which has received very credible reviews;
• An impromptu rendition of Lloyd Cele’s Thando has received interest from a national radio station and over 3000 views on youtube;
• Recorded and released a single (Amasimi) which has received excellent reviews and already has 1272 views on youtube since its release in July 2012; and
• Recorded and self-funded a full 13-track album (Tonic-appella: The Journey)
The outstanding feature of their music is its originality and fresh take on many well-known hymns, as well as their superior song-writing capabilities. The outstanding feature of their characters, however, is their humility. This has been one of the most crucial contributors to their goal-oriented approach to this album. The recording of a full album has presented this high-performance outfit with the opportunity to reach many more souls with their unique brand of music.