I tell stories with words, pictures and sound. You can stream my latest recordings at mikestarling.com/music.
A couple major influences: Ry Cooder, Mike Watt, Herbie Hancock and the Daktari TV show theme (not necessarily in that order). I cut my musical teeth playing bass and/or guitar in a series of blues, rock, reggae and folky-punk bands. Now focused on writing and producing for soundtracks, video and other media projects.
The albums available here were released in the early days of CD Baby. Now, of course, compact discs are going the way of 78s and 8-track tapes, but it was a great run while it lasted. Thanks to everyone around the world who bought our music! Formats may change, but the beat goes on...
All words and music on the albums featured on this artist CD Baby site copyright ©Mike Starling. Published by Bean Hoy Music (BMI). All rights reserved.
For licensing and more about my current music, video and media projects, you can visit mikestarling.com.
For more cool sights and sounds, check out:
• porcupineband.com: Home page of the Sons of Distortion guitarist Casey Virock's current band, Porcupine.
• chrisgall.com: Home page of visual artist Chris Gall, whose "Aliens in America" illustration is the cover for the Sons of Distortion album.
• shellyvision.com: Home page of visual artist Shelly Rosenquist, whose "Musician" pastel is the cover art for my "Guitar Moods" album.
• actualsoundstudios.com: Studio where the Sons of Distortion album was recorded, and home page of producer Mike von Muchow.
• soundstrations.com: Recording studio where all our albums were mastered, and home page of audio engineer Brett Huus.