AjantaMusic's sound is inspired by Paul and Robin Simon's worldwide travels and their time spent living on the Spanish Mediterranean island of Ibiza. It is a unique style of chillout, blending electronic, funk, and world music (Indian, Spanish and oriental guitar melodies) with the original electro style that is the brothers' hallmark.
AjantaMusic comprises brothers Paul and Robin Simon, who have worked with (amongst others) Ultravox, John Foxx, Magazine, Thomas Dolby, Cowboys International, Glen Matlock, etc.
Ethnic electronica meets psychedelic chillout. Enjoy and Dream ...
News Latest – October 2007
• AjantaMusic No 1 on the IACmusic.com ambient chart with their track Snow on The Beach.
• Live video clip of Snow On The Beach from the November 10th 2006 London show now available on YouTube and www.myspace.com/ajantamusic
• New Ajantamusic podcast featuring Paul and Robin, interviewed by Lorna Soul,now available free on ITunes via www.voiceprintwebradio.com. Hear the brothers discuss the first AjantaMusic release and their experiences with Ultravox. Magazine, Thomas Dolby, John Foxx and Glen Matlock amongst others.
• AjantaMusic now on rotation on the Atmosfera chillout radio show, hosted by DJ Elana, broadcast on Spanish National Radio from Madrid every weekend. DJ Elana will also be broadcasting an AjantaMusic performance at Namaste (Las Dalias, San Carlos, Ibiza) in Summer 2007. Appearance dates to be confirmed. We invite you to Ibiza
• USA release of a live version of AjantaMusic's track And Now We Dream on Refractions, the 12th Echoes Living Room Concert series CD, Release date, November 16th 2006.
• AjantaMusic played live in London on Friday November 10th 2006 at Est Est Est, 29 Chiswick High Rd London W4. Featured AjantaMusic Live, plus AjantaMusic DJs, Montana Verde VJ Visuals, dancer Minnie Russnak. Special Guest DJ set The Glimmer Room
• AjantaMusic played live throughout Summer 2006 and 2007 at Namaste, a weekly multimedia party held every Wednesday at Las Dalias in San Carlos, Ibiza, Spain.
• AjantaMusic’s album, And Now We Dream, has been on rotation on John Diliberto’s Philadelphia-based Echoes radio show since May 1st 2006. It charted on the show’s Top 25 tunes for May (No. 11), July (No. 8) and September (No. 6). Echoes is the leading international radio show for ambient, acoustic and electronica. It is broadcast on over 130 public radio stations in the USA, and is available for streaming worldwide. (More info at www.echoes.org)
• You can hear the Living Room Concert session, recorded by the band in London in May 2006 via Echoes, and an interview with Paul and Robin recorded at the same time is available as a free Echoes podcast.
Related CD releases for AjantaMusic in 2006 included:
• Robin’s album as a member of Ultravox, Systems of Romance, has been re-mastered and is re-released by Universal Records on July 10th
• Only After Dark, 80s compilation by Nick Rhodes and John Taylor of Duran Duran, includes Slow Motion by Ultravox, featuring Robin, who also co-wrote the song
• Paul's work with Cowboys International, Cowboys International Revisited, is currently available via CDBaby. 2008 sees the release of a Girls at Our Best retrospective on Cherry Red Records also featuring Paul.
The band held the launch party for their first album, And Now We Dream, on Saturday April 22nd 2006 at The Kings Head Ballroom, London W3 . The party featured AjantaMusic live, DJs Paul Simon (AjantaMusic DJs) and Lorna Soul (Holiday FM, Ibiza) plus dancer Minnie Russnak and Montana Verde VJ Visuals.
AjantaMusic DJs began a chillout residency promoted by www.chilloutwest.com on Thursday 30th March 2006 at EstEstEst, Chiswick, W4. DJs Paul Simon (AjantaMusic DJs) and guest Lorna Soul (Holiday FM, Ibiza) play chillout, world, electro-ethnic, and smooth grooves.
AjantaMusic's first album, And Now We Dream, became available in January 2006 via hardcopy and iTunes. For further information, visit www.myspace.com/ajantamusic and www.ajantamusic.com They are currently recording their second album in London and Ibiza. Guest collaborators include Dave Formula (Magazine, Visage), Pete Jones (Public Image Limitedl) and Tony Lowe (Pet Shop Boys, Julian Lennon). Featured vocalists are Gina Watson and Danelle Harvey. Further Live dates are scheduled for early 2008.
AjantaMusic are totally self-financed and independent; our CDs are manufactured in the UK.