aKa keen (formerly keen) is a four piece band out of Reno, Nevada who has definitely made their mark. No matter what label is placed upon the music -- hard rock, heavy alternative; aKa keen's music is unique. Their style has been described as a tangled mass of emotion backed with powerful, driven music.
The original members, Chelsea Keen (vocals, keyboard) and Casey Keen (guitar), pieced the band together in August 1998. Shortly thereafter, they began to play live shows, and were a big hit in their hometown. aKa keen endured line up changes to find a fit with Nate Pearson (bass), who joined the band June 2001; and Jesse Easter, a former drummer who returned to the band in May 2003.
With success on their hands, aKa keen has proceeded to spread their sound to the Northern California regions; playing regularly in Stockton, Sacramento, and the Bay Area. The band has played with such such national acts as Staind, Stereomud, The Flys, Oleander, Dredg, Pressure 4-5, and others.
a.k.a. keen has sold well over 2000 cds including their debut cd-What's With the Blue Hair?, Swallow-a 6 song ep, and a 20 track cd of songs and outtakes collected throughout the years-A Random Mix. aKa keen has just finished up their album, Lucky, which will be released in July 2005. With an overwhelming response to their shows, the time is now. Check them out and FoRM YoUR oWN oPINIoN.
* KSJO stage - 2000 X Games Village in San Francisco, CA
* 2000 SoFa Music Festival in San Jose, CA
* February 2001 "281" added to regular rotation on Reno's KRZQ
* Nadine's Wild Weekend 2001- San Francisco, CA
* July 2002, Kevin Says Stage - Van's Warped Tour in Soda Springs, CA
* Summer 2002 - Fun Box Tour throughout California
* March 2002 bE-iT television segment which aired throughout Japan
* KRZQ featured the song "Smile on Your Face" on their 2003 local compilation cd
* July 2005 Shiragirl Stage - Van's Warped Tour in Boise, ID