Amy Savin is a singer-songwriter, from Toronto , Ontario . Music has always been a passion for Amy, as she took up piano lessons at the age of 3 and grew up in the church singing in choirs, and performing solos at age 7. While her parents tried putting her in singing lessons in grade 3, Amy was at the time uninterested and preferred the privacy of her home where she could write her own music, and explore singing at her own pace. Her parents often encouraged her to share her song writing with the family and church, but there was never any intention of bringing her music past these circles. Years later however, after finishing highschool in 2004, Amy had the opportunity to record a 5 song demo with some school friends in 2006. After releasing the songs on myspace, and local venues in Toronto , Amy found herself becoming more serious about her hobby and started considering a future more devoted to her music. Within the last couple years Amy has played with artists such as Leigh Nash, Rochelle Hanson, Lifted-Faced down, and Bori Afolabi. In December 2007, Amy started working with producer Jason Chapman from Boreal forest records who has assisted in developing her as an artist. As a devoted Christian, Amy see’s her music as a way to relay messages of hope and inspiration to audiences of all backgrounds. In the year 2004 Amy lost her voice for nearly 6 months due to vocal nodules, and suffered from other health issues which kept her bed ridden. Now recovered, she for one can certainly appreciate music perhaps more than the average person. Her transparent heart, and the honesty of her lyrics, is what she hopes will leave lasting impacts on her listeners.
- like a pair of comfortable jeans, this song just seems to sit well with all people. Intimate, and playful musical arrangement, with piano and guitar as main instruments.
- Fun and catchy, with a little more gospel/country edge to it.
- Folk rock, style
- As featured in upcoming Hollywood movie "Becoming Jesse Tate"
- For those who have heard Amy’s music, this song seems to be a favorite. It talks about a state of despair where perhaps all of us have been, yet reminds us that God is in control even then, and closest when we're most afraid. The lyrics and vocal delivery really hit close to home.
Won My Heart:
- Acoustic, Piano version, with a ‘live-performance’ feel.
It’s finally here! Amy Savin’s first 5-song EP. This singer/songwriter from Toronto Ontario is a fresh and promising young artist entering the music scene. Combining styles of folk and pop, Amy’s music ranges from deep, moving ballads to simple, yet tasteful acoustic arrangements. The material in this album is all-original, with themes of love, acceptance, purpose, faith, and the value of friendship. Vocally, Amy has been compared to artists such as Brooke Fraser, Colbie Caillat, and Bethany Dillon. While this is just the beginning of Amy’s career, this album accomplishes all she has set out to do, even as she says, “If through my songs I have made you feel what I’ve felt, I’ve done my job”.