Land of the Gods draws upon The Legend of Zelda's 27 years of rich music history to deliver an audio experience akin to a journey from the Legend of Zelda universe. Each track of the album tells a new chapter of the story, and explores a new setting. The text that follows accompanies each track as the story progresses, and elaborates on the events that take place in each piece.
1. Title Screen- Sunrise over an ancient kingdom. Dark blues slowly fade to gold, and light blooms across hill and valley alike as townspeople go about their daily business. A strange sense of purpose fills the air.
2. Prologue- A candle flickers to life, and our story starts. Shadows dance over crackling parchment, and traditions passed down through the generations are told in the blink of an eye. But the story is only beginning.
3. Bustling Village- A secret mountain town, as old as time itself. Bursting at the seams with life, its citizens prepare eagerly for a ceremony the likes of which is only seen once every 50 years.
4. The Great Fields- A vast, green plain stretching far as the eye can see. The grasslands teem with life and natural wonders. Though the fields may be beautiful by day, the setting sun brings about a danger that draws adventurers from every corner of the kingdom.
5. A Day in the Market- Dawn approaches, and the street vendors prepare, organizing their wares for the rush of hagglers bound to swarm the stands by noon. Merchants barter, trades are made, and chaos ensues until the bells toll and the katydids call, signalling days end. The vendors pack their bags, ready for the cycle to begin anew tomorrow.
6. Grand Castle- Over the market looms a castle, vast and beautiful. Flags of blue and gold flutter in the passing breeze, and soldiers gleam like tin toys amongst the battlements. The kingdom is at war, but a peaceful air settles across the lush courtyards.
7. Princess- A girl, a boy, a chance meeting. Two of the three. Fates intertwined, they set forth from that moment with new purpose, and a single identity forever imprinted in time.
8. Desert Fortress- Grit and dust hang in the air, and the desert sun beats down mercilessly upon a stronghold in the cliffs. Soldiers hardened by countless battles patrol the corridors, expecting intruders around every corner. War has not been kind to this city in the sands.
9. Little Prince of Darkness- A timeless feud unearths itself, and a never-ending hatred is born anew. Swords clash and sparks fly; the chase begins. A beautiful temple is destroyed in the chaos.
10. Palace of Ice- A sparkling haze hangs over the ruinous citadel, a heavy blanket of cold that never lifts. Kings of old sit frozen on their thrones, cursed by an ancient evil; cursed to watch their halls, forever, in silence.
11. Ruined Village- Fire spreads across the mountain, uncontrollable; burning with an inhuman fury. Leaping between the treetops, the flames traverse the landscape with a single purpose. But what will be left of that beautiful mountain town?
12. A Different Breed of Evil- Vengeance, or justice? Cruelty, or mercy? Darkness appears in many different forms, and can work its way into the purest of hearts. A great evil reveals itself, and sets its sinister plan into motion.
13. Starlit Tower- A old castle sits on the dark side of the mountain, windows twinkling like stars in the mist. Its silouhette against the moon is squat and evil, but the tower's halls contain wonders unseen.
14. Sorrow of the Fairies- The world is dying, and the fairies know. The kingdoms wage their wars, but they know not of the dangers that lurk beneath; stirring in the darkness. The fairies also know, however they cannot intervene. Not if they wish to remain undetected by the darkness.
15. Timeless Temple- Past fades to present, and present to past, and future to all kinds of in-between. The temple is both ancient and new, ruined and fresh, living and dead. Bells toll and clocks tick, but whatever time they keep is forever a mystery.
16. Final Battle- Three is one, one is three, and war threatens to consume the heavens and earth alike. Men are born of monsters, and monsters of men, as the fate of the world is decided by the most unlikely of heroes.
17. Endgame- The last step of a journey is often harder than the first. Friendships are forged, promises are spoken, sacrifices made. How could anything go back to the way things were? Everything has changed so much, truly. But the world keeps spinning. Life goes on.
This album would not have been possible without the support of so many individuals. A huge thank you to my parents, for not only supporting my artwork, but also for encouraging my love of video games as an art form. Thank you to Christopher Johnston, for opening my eyes to the creation of digital music and providing the tools to make my vision a reality. Thank you to Kaylee, for being ever supportive and always being there to talk me through that next tough track. Thank you to Sean, for your plucky enthusiasm, depthless creativity, your listening ears, and your constant support of the project. Thank you to Shigeru Miyamoto, for creating such an incredible series of video games, and thank you to Koji Kondo, for providing the soundtrack for my childhood. And thanks, most of all, to you, especially if you've made it this far. I could never have gotten where I am without your support, and Land of the Gods certainly would not be the product it is today. Thank you all so much, and I hope you enjoy.