Project founded in february 2003 in Montreal, Canada by Julien Thomet.
«Brazilianized» music :
Brazilianized music is a new means of
interpreting Brazil's popular music (MPB). It's a
fusion between "Pagode", "Baião", "Samba
reggae" and other Brazilian rythms with north
american rythms such as funk, rock, reggae
and african roots.
One of the goals is to share with the audience
music that's not exported much. While it
maintains the lively and joyfull feel of MPB it
adds a hybrid sound thus making it richer and
fresher. The result is real world beat music.
The repertoire is made up of original compositions in portuguese,
french and spanish with a social character and wit. The CD includes a
16 page booklet with lyrics, illustrations and photos.
* Opening act: Alpha Blondy, Los Amigos Invisibles
* South American Tours: Colombia (Feb 2004), Ecuador (Feb+August 2004),
Mexico (Oct. 2006) and Mozambique (Africa, March 2005).
* Festivals in US & Canada: Montreal Jazz Festival, Nuits d'Afrique, Art Vocal,
Concert of Colours, HarbourFront, etc.
* Event production (Carnavals, DrumWorkshops, etc.) and the CD's autoproduction
* TV performances: CH Global, CTV, Jici & D'ailleurs + Belle & Bum
* Radio Broadcasts: CBC live capture (March 2006), CIUT (Toronto)
* Over 300 concerts since its existence (2 per week)
* Compilation CDs: Nuits d'Afrique, Global Rhythm (Nov 2006)
* Fundings: FACTOR (2004), FMMJ (2006), OQAJ (2004, 2006)
* More than 4000 fans subscribed to the mailing list