“One of the most exciting bands I’ve seen in the last couple of years!”
–Jack Baker, The Irish American News
“ . . . Burning Bridget Cleary is on fire with their fourth album, “Pressed for Time.”
-Stephen McSweeney, Celtic Music Magazine
“. . . a highlight of this summer’s Philadelphia Folk Festival”
- Michael Kornfeld,acousticmusicscene.com
Burning Bridget Cleary has been performing and recording their distinctive style of Celtic traditional music since 2006.
Band-leader, Rose Baldino, drives this band with an unusual combination of charisma, crackerjack fiddle work, and tightly woven harmonies. The front of the band is shared with some of the best Celtic fiddle talent on the East Coast. A driving rhythm and bass end is supplied by Lou Baldino on guitar and Peter Trezzi on percussion.
Burning Bridget Cleary has earned a reputation for presenting high-spirited Celtic music at festivals, concerts, and music series all over the eastern half of the U.S., including a 2011 tour to Ireland. While in Ireland, the band had a unique opportunity to visit the rural County Tipperary cottage of their namesake, Bridget Cleary, who is remembered as "the last witch burned in Ireland".
Their second release, “Everything is Alright”, was awarded “2009 Album of the Year” by CelticRadio.net in Boston.
The band broke new ground in 2013 when their fourth CD, “Pressed for Time,” hit #1 on the Roots Music Folk and Roots Charts, and finished the year as one of the Folk DJ’s most played albums. Their music is featured on hundreds of radio programs worldwide, including syndicated programs, Thistle and Shamrock, FolkScene, SingOut Radio, and The Midnight Special.
In December 2013, Burning Bridget Cleary was nominated “Top Traditional Group in a Pub, Festival, or Concert Setting” by the Irish Music Association.
About “Pressed for Time”:
“How refreshing - the art of folk arrangement isn't dead after all!
The whole recording is pervaded by an overwhelming air of musicians who know how to let serious music speak, and when to let rip a bit and just have great fun.
The result is a beautiful, eclectic album - and I'm already looking forward to the next one.”
-Brian McNeill, Founding Member of the Battlefield Band
“The album is a triumph! Really, after just one listening I can tell you it hits all the right notes with me. The arrangements, performances, production and sequencing all come together in a way that makes for a wonderful listening experience. It's adventurous, intelligent, playful and ever so satisfying.
What a truly remarkable accomplishment. I can't wait to get it on the air, not only on Celtic Sunday Brunch, but my other show, "Wednesdays with Walt." I want everyone to get a taste of it.
By the way, it's not like me to gush over new recordings. It just so happened that this one knocked my socks off.”
-Walt Haake, WDVR Radio Host Celtic Sunday Brunch
• "Catharsis," Debut release, September, 2006
• "Everything is Alright," released November, 2008: Awarded “2009 Album of the Year” by Celtic Radio.net
• “Totes for Goats,” released March 2011
• “Stor Mo Chroi” single Music Video released May 2012
• “Pressed for Time,” released June 2013
Radio: Fiona Ritchie’s “Thistle and Shamrock” on NPR, Sing Out! Radio Magazine, Folkscene syndicated (CA), WFMT Midnight Special syndicated, WXPN, WAMU (Wash DC), WNCW (NC) WFUV (NY), WDCB, (Chicago), WVIA, KBOO. Highlander Radio (Boston), WWUH (CT), WNHU (CT), WHUS (CT), WSHU (CT), WUNH (NH), Celtic Roots Radio (Belfast) and hundreds more across the U.S., Canada, & worldwide.
• The Philadelphia Folk Festival (2009, 2011, 2013)
• The Sellersville Theater, Sellersville, PA (2012)
• NBC Philadelphia, “The Ten Show” (March, 2012)
• The Celtic Classic (2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
• Bethlehem Musikfest (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
• The Celtic Fling, Manheim, PA (2012, 2013)
• The Fair Hill Scottish Games, Fair Hill, MD (2012)
• Shawnee Mountain Celtic Festival (2012, 2010, 2008, 2013)
• The Green Lane Scottish-Irish Fest (2006, 2007, 2010)
• The Philadelphia Folksong Society “Influences” Workshop Series (2010)
• Godfrey Daniels Folk Listening Room, Bethlehem, PA (2006, 2008, 2011, 2013)
• The Tin Angel, Philadelphia ( 2009)
• WXPN Live Interview/performances on Gene Shay’s Folk Show (6 appearances)
• Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion, Bristol, TN (2013)
• Kansas City Irish Festival (2013)
• The WNC Highlands Celtic Festival, Black Mountain, NC (2010, 2014)
• The International Celtic Festival, Hunter Mountain, NY (2011)
• The Great American Irish Festival (2011)
• The Blackstone River Theater Summer Solstice Festival (2011)
• Spring Gulch Folk Festival (2008, 2013)
• NERFA Tri-centric Showcase Artists (2010)
• The Buffalo Irish Festival, Buffalo, NY (2011, 2012, 2013)
• World Café Live in Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE (2010, 2011, 2013)
• Ireland Musical Tour (2011)
• Michigan Irish Festival (2013)
• Mountain Folk (VT) & CT Folk Society Music Series (2014)