“How refreshing - the art of folk arrangement isn't dead after all!
From the first track here, a fine, innovative, setting of Gordon Duncan's 'Pressed For Time' to the last track, 'Stor Mo Chroi', we have here a band who have decided that Celtic and traditional-based music deserves depth, light and shade, and above all, thought. Nothing here is either inappropriate or forced, and it's all beautifully presented by a band that's learned the first rule of instrumental expertise - clever and effective are not the same thing, and the latter will always hold enough of the former to impress any audience.
The result is a confident, mature band that wears its flair lightly, knows how and when to drive the tunes and songs hard, and when to let the quieter mood prevail. The tradition is beautifully respected here - just listen to the gorgeous version of 'Sitting In The Stern Of A Boat' - but it's not treated like any sacred cow; whatever treatment's appropriate is used. The whole recording is pervaded by an overwhelming air of musicians who know how to let serious music speak, and when to let rip a bit and just have great fun.
The result is a beautiful, eclectic album - and I'm already looking forward to the next one.”
- Brian McNeill, Founding Member of The Battlefield Band
"The album is a triumph! The arrangements, performances, production and sequencing all come together in a way that makes for a wonderful listening experience. It's adventurous, intelligent, playful and ever so satisfying.
By the way, it's not like me to gush over new recordings. It just so happened that this one knocked my socks off."
Walt Haake, WDVR Radio Host - Celtic Sunday Brunch
"This high energy Celtic Folk band from Harleysville, PA is turning heads with their fourth release, Pressed for Time. Hip, haunting at times, and fast paced; their harmonies and hand for the craft make this a group to keep on eye on for sure."
"Americana Rhythm Music Magazine" #47 Oct. 2013
Burning Bridget Cleary has been performing and recording their distinctive style of Celtic traditional music since 2006.
Band-leader, Rose Baldino, drives this band with an unusual combination of charisma, crackerjack fiddle work, and tightly woven harmonies. The front of the band is shared with some of the best Celtic fiddle talent on the East Coast. Currently featured is Amy Beshara, a multi-talented fiddler/vocalist from the NYC Scottish music scene. A driving rhythm and bass end is supplied by Lou Baldino on guitar and Peter Trezzi on percussion. Known for their captivating sound and engaging stage presence, Burning Bridget Cleary has become a solid presence on the Celtic and folk music circuits.
Burning Bridget Cleary has earned a reputation for presenting high-spirited Celtic music at festivals, concerts, and music series all over the U.S., including a 2011 tour to Ireland. While in Ireland, the band had a unique opportunity to visit the rural County Tipperary cottage of their namesake, Bridget Cleary, who is remembered as "the last witch burned in Ireland".
The band broke new ground in 2013 when their fourth CD, “Pressed for Time,” hit #1 on the Roots Music Folk and Roots Charts, and finished the year as one of the Folk DJ’s most played albums. Their second release, “Everything is Alright”, was awarded “2009 Album of the Year” by CelticRadio.net in Boston. Their third album, “Totes for Goats” was formally entered into the Traditional Irish Music Archives in Dublin, Ireland. BBC’s music is featured on hundreds of radio programs worldwide, including syndicated programs, Thistle and Shamrock, FolkScene, SingOut Radio, and The Midnight Special.
Burning Bridget Cleary was listed in Marc Gunn’s “Top 20” International Celtic bands for 2014.
Recent /Upcoming Venues:
• 2014 Folk Alliance International Conference, Formal Showcase, Kansas City, MO (2014)
• 2014 NERFA Conference Formal Showcase Artist
• Bethlehem Musikfest , Bethlehem, PA (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• Blackstone River Theater Celtic Concert Series (2015)
• Blackstone River Theater Summer Solstice Festival, Cumberland, RI (2011, 2014)
• Bowers Barn Concert Series, Damarascotta, ME (2015
• Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion, Bristol, TN (2013)
• Carrboro Arts Center, Carrboro, NC (2014)
• CBS Philadelphia “Talk Philly” (2015)
• Celtic Festival and Highland Games of the Quad Cities, Davenport, IA (2014)
• Circle of Friends Coffee House, Franklin, MA (2015)
• Concerts at the Crossing, Titusville, NJ (2012)
• CT Folk Society Acoustic Fridays, New Haven, CT (2014)
• First Acoustics Coffee House, Brooklyn, NY (2016)
• FOCUS Music Concert Series, Mt. Vernon, VA (2015)
• Godfrey Daniels Folk Listening Room, Bethlehem, PA (2006, 2008, 2011, 2013)
• Hurdy Gurdy Folk Music Club, Fair Lawn, NJ (2013, 2015)
• Ireland Musical Tour (2011)
• Kansas City Irish Festival (2013)
• Levitt Pavilion SteelStacks Summer Concert Series, Bethlehem, PA (2014)
• Michigan Irish Festival (2013)
• Mountain Folk Music Series, Tunbridge, VT (2014)
• NBC Philadelphia, “The Ten Show” (2012)
• NERFA Tri-centric Showcase Artists (2010)
• Oswego Music Hall, Oswego, NY (2016)
• Penn-Mar Irish Festival, Glen Rock, PA (2015)
• Rockwood Music Hall, Stage 3, New York, NY (2014, 2015)
• Sandywoods Center for the Arts, Tiverton, RI (2015)
• Shawnee Mountain Celtic Festival, E. Stroudsburg, PA (2012, 2010, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• Sounding Board Coffee House, West Hartford, CT (2015)
• Spring Gulch Folk Festival, Lancaster, PA (2008, 2013)
• The Buffalo Irish Festival, Buffalo, NY (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
• The Celtic Classic, Bethlehem, PA (2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• The Celtic Fling, Manheim, PA (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• The Dayton Celtic Festival, Dayton, OH (2015)
• The Great American Irish Festival, NY (2011)
• The Green Lane Scottish-Irish Fest (2006, 2007, 2010)
• The Indy Irish Fest, Indianapolis, IN (2014)
• The International Celtic Festival, Hunter Mountain, NY (2011)
• The New World Festival, Randolph, VT (2015)
• The North Central West Virginia Scottish Festival (2015)
• The Philadelphia Folk Festival (2009, 2011, 2013)
• The Philadelphia Folksong Society “Influences” Workshop Series (2010)
• The Philly Fleadh, Philadelphia, PA (2014)
• The Rochester Celtic Festival, Rochester, NY (2015)
• The Savannah Irish Fest, Savannah, GA (2015)
• The Sellersville Theater, Sellersville, PA (2012)
• The Tin Angel, Philadelphia ( 2009)
• The WNC Highlands Celtic Festival, Asheville, NC (2011, 2014)
• WFMT Folkstage, Chicago, IL (2014)
• World Café Live in Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
• WXPN Folkadelphia Session (2015)
• WXPN Live Interview/performances on Gene Shay’s Folk Show (7 appearances)