Do you like musicals? Do you like Disney podcasts? Do you like it when people combine the two together and create something that has never been done before? Then you’ll love Communicore Weekly: The Musical, the brand new spectacular from the guys who bring you Communicore Weekly.
For the last two years, Communicore Weekly has strived to be the most unique Disney podcast available, and has continued to push the envelope in all they do. Now, to kick off their third season of the highly successful podcast, they have created Communicore Weekly: The Musical, to help tell the tale of how Jeff and George saved the (Disney) world, and the universe, from Michael Eisner. That’s right, you heard that correctly: Michael Eisner.
Featuring catchy and original music from Andrew Taylor and Steve Williard of Amplify This Music (better known as the Communicore Weekly Orchestra), the show will have you laughing and singing along in no time at all.
On top of that, they have a star studded cast of professional actors and Imagineers to help tell the tale. That’s right, Disney Legends Rolly Crump and Bob Gurr lend their voices to this epic narrative, so you know it must be good!
FUN FACTS AND FIGURES!
- The musical took 7 months to write, record, and finalize.
- Each song was originally written on GarageBand...on an iPad.
- Professional actress Victoria Trower has no idea what she got herself into.
- Each member of the cast was on different ends of the country during the recording, and had to be seamlessly blended together for the final product.
- Disney Legends Rolly Crump and Bob Gurr both lend their voices to the Musical.
- However, the role of Michael Eisner is NOT actually played by Michael Eisner, contrary to popular belief.
- Jeff cried when 11 regenerated during the Christmas Special.
- “Bloop” is not actually a valid form of time travel.
- The alternate timeline DOES exist. Seriously. We read it on the Internet, so it must be true.
- No squirrels or Disney cast members were harmed during the production of the musical.
Communicore Weekly: The Musical
Written By: Jeff Heimbuch & Andrew Taylor & George Taylor & Steve Williard
Music By: Andrew Taylor and Steve Williard of Amplify This Music
Victoria Trower as Audie Kasell
Andrew Taylor as Norman Sklar (pre-voice chip) and Announcer
George Taylor as Norman Sklar (post-voice chip)
Steve Williard as Rickson Ashley (pre-voice chip)
Jeff Heimbuch as Rickson Ashley (post-voice chip)
Norman Gidney as Sir Felix Contreas
Rolly Crump as Himself
Bob Gurr as Himself
Special Guest Appearances By:
David Hunter & Nikki Hunter
Cover Design by: Brian Rechenmacher