"Live Love Leave" is Conrad Korsch's intimate and haunting debut album as a singer-songwriter, showcasing his abilites on lead vocals and a variety of musical instruments as well as his beautifully atypical string quartet arrangements. Combining the poetic storytelling elements of Tom Waits and Leonard Cohen with the passion of Jeff Buckley and Damien Rice, this album contains 13 songs drawing on the human experience which, while deeply personal, are rich with characters and metaphors, engaging listeners to either relate their own experiences or simply observe from afar.
Also featuring Rosanne Cash + Joy Askew on vocals, Shawn Pelton + David Palmer on drums, Matt Beck + Thad DeBrock on electric guitars, Alex Brofsky on french horn, Antoine Silverman + Jonathan Dinklage on violins, Hiroko Taguchi on viola and Anja Wood on cello.
Some highlights since the album's release include:
* "I'M LEAVING" was featured in an episode of the TV show "ROYAL PAINS"
* "FIREFLY" live performance on the Jerry Lewis Telethon as duet with Kristina Train
* "FIREFLY" (featuring a duet with ROSANNE CASH) was set to original choreography by Andrea Kramer and premiered at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center as part of "The Butterfly Project", a children's cancer charity
* "WEEPING WILLOW" was chosen as the opening track for the Cape May Singer-Songwriter Festival's 2010 Compilation CD
* over a dozen Summer 2010 European Tour dates throughout Germany, Norway, + England, including 4 shows in London
* selections from the CD used as exit music after Rod Stewart concerts in 2009 stadium tour
* Sold-out CD Release Party concert at Joe's Pub in NYC
From Reviews of the CD "LIVE LOVE LEAVE":
"chamber folk beauty...filled with charm, warmth and slightly melancholy grandeur"
- CD Baby (5-stars!)
"beautiful and passionate vocal work"
- Rootstime (Belgium)
"a stylish singer-songwriter set...tales of love and loss crafted around visceral vocals"
- Bass Player Magazine
"When it comes to taking your passion to the next level, there are few that have come as far as the talented Conrad Korsch"
- Women's Mafia Magazine
"There's a really beautiful, poignant clarity in these songs"
- Itaal Shur (Grammy-Award Winning Songwriter)
"from the first measure Conrad Korsch impressively demonstrated that also as a singer-songwriter he has got everything what it takes for international success"
- 431verstaerker (Hamburg, Germany)
For more info about Conrad's bass playing career, go to www.conradkorsch.com and click "Bassist".