"“Media Controls the World” presents a strong argument in favor of declaring Chris V. & the Stanley Street Band this area’s most dangerous band; they have some things to say! "
- Jim Price, Rockpage.net (Jan 16, 2009)
"Chris V. & the Stanley Street Band kicked off the music with their freewheeling blend of rock, funk and jam-flavored sounds... "
- Jim Price, Pa Musician (Nov 03, 2008)
"The band has a funky, groovy sound with heartfelt vocals. While they play mostly original music that is inspired by Vipond’s observation and reflection on life..."
- Jessica Savrock, Blue Magazine (Jul 14, 2008)
"Judge Elizabeth Doyle ordered that charges of theft and receiving stolen property against Christopher Vipond of Altoona be dismissed."
- Phil Wray, Altoona Mirror (Jun 25, 2008)
"...complete with Jack-fueled witticisms and tirades that seemed to conjure the ghost of the late Jim Morrison himself!"
- Jim Price, rockpage.net (Jun 05, 2008)
"WOW, what a show! This was one of those jaw-droppingly excellent editions of the "Backyard Rocker," where the musical guests took the program on a musical free-for-all joyride that made the show's host regretful when the program's end time of 10 PM rolled around!"
- Jim Price, BackYard Rocker (Apr 20, 2008)
"Chris cleverly went on the offensive, making vague but witty references to his situation and pending litigation with a comic demeanor that would have made David Letterman or Jay Leno envious!"
- Jim Price, rockpage.net (Apr 19, 2008)
"Police obtained an arrest warrant and reached Chris Vipond by phone."
- Bill Kibler, Altoona Mirror (Jan 23, 2008)