The Race Track is a spoken word anthology of the African American experience set to original neo-soul, jazz, and a dash of hip/hop. It is the debut project from Derrick Alexander Pope, J.D.
1. A S.O.U.L.ful Intro - This track introduces the listener to the S.O.U.L. of the CD and its theme.
2. The Post Parade - The telling, re-telling, and telling again of America's great race saga is set to the imagery of a horse race. Thirteen "horses" are introduced to run the 393rd Equality Derby. Each horse is named after concepts and ideas familiar to American and African-American life, such as Liberty and Justice for All...We the People...Mr. Charlie ...The American Dream...A More Perfect Union...Injustice...The Pursuit of Happiness.
3. Gathering Fragments - The life and legacy Fannie Lou Hamer.
4. In Voluntary Servitude - This track describes how our sole enemy is not the racism and prejudice of others alone.
5. A Declaration of Independence for the united state of africa america - A list of a few items that would form the basis of real unity.
6. The Race Track - The title track treats the listener to an entertaining race of all the horses making their mad dash to the yes we can finish line!
7. Fragments Again - An introduction to Reconstruction.
8. The Deconstruction of Reconstruction - The origins of the phrase 40 Acres and a mule and the failure of American Reconstruction.
9. The Winner's Circle - The winner of the race is interviewed by New Kingdom News.
10. Can I Get A Witness? - A tribute to the women whose contributions are overlooked.
11. The Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth -
12. All Hail the NEGUS! - A unique look at the use, misuse - and little known use - of the "N-word!"
Listen as Liberty and Justice for All | We the People | Mr. Charlie | The American Dream | A More Perfect Union | Injustice | The Pursuit of Happiness and 5 other national treasures pony up and try to win the Equality Derby!