The first, and long-awaited, studio album from Fast Time Constant, “For Lease” finally hit the shelves in 2004. This acoustic duo is made up of Joshua Belter and Andy Mason with big time help from our studio guy Tommy Carlisle. FTC blends an acoustic guitar and vocal base by Andy with beautiful harmonies (sometimes 8 layered!) by Joshua with out of this world string sections and keyboard arrangements by Tommy to produce an original sound that reminds the listeners of The Beatles, ELO, Alan Parsons and Bob Dylan all at once! FTC is currently working on a follow up to “For Lease”, but until then enjoy this one.
1. The View – written by Mark Davis and given the FTC makeover. Great acoustic ballad.
2. Missy Song – Can you tell where Andy’s vocals end and Joshua’s begin?.....seamless blending by Tommy on this tribute to Joshua’s wife Missy.
3. Shuffle On – Tired of the grind of work week? Feel like your boss is an asshole? If so, you’ll dig this upbeat lament to the drudgery of the working man.
4. Southside Of The Sky – written by the Swinging Steaks this is a beautiful acoustic ballad about meeting again in the after-life.
5. When Your Time Is Up - Oh yeah baby!.....this one kicks your ass!......enjoy life while you can because you never know.....
6. Meet Me In The Dark – Joshua at his song-writing best from the 1998 Andy Mason release “On The Corner Of Happy And Stone” (available on CD baby), this song gets the full-monty from Joshua in the harmony section and Tommy on the strings. A completely different song.
7. Summer Midnight Aire – A succulent romp through summer nights when they were carefree and full of surprises.
8. Lalabye – A simple acoustic chord progression and melody turned into magic by harmony and added strings. If your child won’t sleep, play this.