Welcome to the expanded compare/contrast offering of the 3 movement epic Dalmatian Suite-which followed Gale home from Croatia/Bosnia in 1998 when there for a medical workshop after their tragic war. Just 3 years after this music followed her home, the 'freedom from fear' Gale recognized upon returning to the USA, was shattered by the 9/11 attacks.
Three tracks of this Welcome Home CD (#13, 14 & 16) were recorded with Matthew Jones solo/duo with gutiar, at request of family who lost their son (Todd Ouida) in the WTC on 9/11, or after hearing at a 9/11 event on autoharp for 1st time. Love Will Always Find You. All proceeds from these 3 track downloads (all year long) will be donated to the foundation started in memory of Todd Ouida ( My Buddy Todd) to help children with anxiety disoders. Prayers, peace, healing, and positive remembrance of loved ones lost to all those impacted the most by this tragedy 11 years ago, as well as any other tragedy.
Gale's Reston, VA neighbor knocked on the door and asked if she could teach him 'to play like that'. She said she'd give it a try and later learned he was a professional DC area jazz pianist...Originally recorded as 'The Dalmatian Suite' in 2002 (without the final 2 songs/movements) on a Mason Hamlin grand at the request of the New England Friends of Croatia, it explores themes beyond words...Bog (God in Croatian) creation, love, passion, joy, pain, dissonance, conflict...eventually working back through healing to love, peace, joy & hope. The final 2 songs/movements are now shared for the 1st time with the Dalmatian Suite as a complete work with instrument and vocal variations. These final two pieces resulted from 1) a Croatian friend's question "What is love?" (after fiancee left him a week before the wedding) & 2) his finding not only a home he would die for, but one he'd rather live for (a dream for all) when he called in 1999 to tell he he was getting married (to the right woman) :-)! There has already been talk of a movie based on this true story of the power of love against the backdrop of such devastation and tragedy in one's home country.
Unsolicited post on Gale's facebook page from Ann, who had bought the Dalmatian Suite /EP a few years ago: 'Congratulations on your beautiful new album - I caught your interview on WWUH as I was driving. Exquisite, Gale'.
Full bio, discography (10 other CDs, Forever & Always and Timeless Love on CDBaby) & song notes follow schedule & more early fan response/reviews below. Welcome Home Liner notes (technical facts about the songs) are in the physical digipack CD text (available at this site).:
All events in CT & accessible unless noted) (P)=piano (NA)=no alcohol. Check venue if coming a distance..., also if coming to open mics (plans may change with short notice)-Long term schedules on MySpace (Fortune's Gale) & facebook (Fortune's Gale)
SEPTEMBER 2013 (partial)
Sat. 14th-Burlington - Whigville Grange Music! Main St. Fortune's Gale 10 a.m. - 2pm (refreshments available for purchase)
Fri. 20th - Higganum - Village Green Farmers Market Music Fortune's Gale (fine vendors, on the Green) FREE (NA)
Sat. 21st - Avon- Avon Days - Thompson Elementary School -with Paul Howard Valley Music tent 10am thru 3pm FREE (NA)
Sat. 21st - Bakersville - United Methodist church - Rte 202 - Tres Dias music (with others!) - 7-9:30pm FREE all welcome!
OCTOBER 2013 (partial)
Sat. 5th -East Hartford - Crossroads Community Cathedral Open Mic 7pm-10pm FREE (NA)
Fri. or Sat. - 18th/19th - Farmington- Private Tres Dias retreat event music
More about the CD's journey:
Although the 3 movements are ~11 minutes long, I had friends telling me they: 1) played it 'all day' at work; 2) wanted more music & 'confessed' playing it 'for 3 hours'; 3) contacting me for a 2nd one - finding me at my next show saying 'you should charge more' for that CD giving me a $20 and refusing change! If you want to listen to a 'montage' of the 'full version of the Dalmatian Suite with all 5 movements/ songs before any comparing, contrasting, simply listen to clips of tracks # 1,2, 3, 15, 17 & 18 (or if you are one of the almost 30 who already have the CD, you might put the tracks in that order on your iPod or iTunes listing :-).
In 2005 I was honored to have a chance to play it on the 2002 commissioned Olympic Chihuly Steinway concert grand when touring in CT & was immediately asked to join the faculty at CT's Steinert Steinway & Sons. In 2008 I was invited by Larry Bilansky, host of WWUH's 20th Century Limited Contemporary Classical show (Univ. of Hartford 91.3 FM) to feature this music. As I play guitar, autoharp & sing also we filled two of his three hour show comparing & contrasting live & recorded variations of the Dalmatian Suite. Larry left me with a challenge....to expand it (guess he 'wanted more music' from it too :-).
Also starting in 2008 I was honored to be invited to perform in the Women's Composer Festival of Hartford (also in 2009 & 2010). Two recordings from these performances are included in Welcome Home.
All proceeds from concerts, CD sales and digital dowloads were shared among 3 music programs this past summer =two for orphans (Mostar - Bosnia/Croatia, St. Vincent's Port au Prince, Haiti, & the third for impoverished Lakota Indian children on the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation - SD ) Six Jasmine Takamini guitars anda soft case to SD (where Kristen Graves provided guitar camps via Simply Smiles), refurbished 15 chord autoharp and 20+ harmonicas and 6 neck holders to Haiti with invitation to me to come on the July mission trip and teach, play music and blog. Final funds to go to Mostar! Thank you all so much. Hoping to continue this funding next summer thru continuing CD/download sales.
More Early Fan Reactions/Reviews:
'Congratulations on your new CD.....Exquisite' - posted on facebook page after friend/fan Ann heard the 2/24/12 WWUH interview featuring Welcome Home -Wethersfield, CT
'some of your songs brought tears to my eyes' -friend/fan Marcy posted on facebook and her blog after hearing Gale play live Sat. 2/18/12 at Fort Hill Farms, Thompson, CT She also shared the post of Welcome Home's CDBaby site Putnam, CT
~love the flow and variety, and poetry read over the piano, beautiful! -friend/fan Kelly, Cheshire, CT
'I had to pull off the road and call you to tell you how much joy this CD brings, like having you in our living room'- friend/fan/brother Randy-Fredericktown, OH
Professional Reviews (not on CDBaby):
'What a beautiful poem/track from your CD!' when Gale was live in the studio Nov. 2011 at WESU (Weslyan Univ., Middletown, CT) host J Cherry
'Your 'doodling' on the piano (Track #15) at Women's Composer Festival Tracks recorded live at Sisters of St. Joseph cavernous sanctuary, W. Hartford, CT)
reminded me of John Lennon's piano doodling...'- Jeff Root (Root Cellar Productions/Studio, Westminister, MA)
'What a great song!" - Eric Pardine & Bonnie Lee Panda (professional musicians) after first hearing "Welcome Home' (title track) live during
songwriter trio in the round at Buttonwood Tree Jan. 2011)
"Beautiful! :-) ' - Tim Janis (York, ME Carnegie Hall, NPTV International touring compose) March 9, 2012- he gave permission for use of his pic for the 'CD tray'!
VOICE-Harvey Reid-'the voice of an angel',
The Last Supper music dir.'quite a wonderful quality, a natural lovely musical sound added to the music she sings'.
SAMPLE FAN VOICE REVIEWS
'your voice took me to heaven & back more than once.' Fans liken her to 'Celtic Woman', said CPTV should promote her, hers was the 'most beautiful' music at a venue, & Hartt Music faculty asked if she was a 'celebrity from the British Isles' re: her vocal phrasing. Madison, CT Cable cameraman & teen fan both likened her piano/vocals to Tori Amos. A Wethersfield, CT fan recently asked her to do Leonard Cohen's Halleluia & wrote "I was so happy to hear you sing this song, I just knew that you would do this song proud with your incredible range!" (after hearing k.d.lang on You Tube). Another Collinsville, CT fan heard her sing it & termed her voice haunting. A 2012 Plainville, CT fan (in his 20's with musician friends) pulled me aside afterwards to tell me 'you were my favorite music of the night' in a room with his musician friends & many stellar players/musicians (I had played one song each on piano, guitar and auotharp)-very touched & encouraged by his contribution to the 3 camps. He also said it was easy to be discouraged in these times of negative news and economy, and the fundraising for the 3 music camps for less fortunate children 'rekindled his faith in humanity'.
Thanks WWUH (91.3FM Univ. Hartford, CT) Larry Bilansky for featuring Welcome Home on Feb. 24th, 2012 (digital release on CDBaby!) Thanks J-Cherry for playing 'Slow Close to You' (Colin Haskins poem with part of Dalmation Suite's First Movement playing on piano under) as part of interview Nov. 10th, 2011 on WESU (88.1 FM) Weslyan Univ. Middletown, CT
TV PLAY (Timeless Love CD, which contributed to invitation to Women's Composer Fest of Hartford, resulting in 4 tracks on Welcome Home :-) Two Timeless Love CD tracks (Flowers of Edinburgh and the original Glasgow Farewell) were chosen by NBC Channel 4 CT Perspectives 2012 St. Patrick's Day week for background music during the 3/11/12 O'Reilly's Irish Gift Store segment! Gale was asked to provide theme music for their show also (will keep you posted).
Born in Phila., PA, Gale was told in elementary school she was the ‘most gifted musician’ in her class. At 11yo she quit piano, took up guitar/voice, & at 15yo composed instrumentals/songs for piano/guitar. At 20 yo she had her 1st gig, & was frequently asked to sing at weddings.
As an adult she studied with internationally recognized pianist, vocalist, & guitarist/autoharpist (Peter Pertis/Nancy Andersen, Hartt Music School faculty, & Harvey Reid, nat'l/internat'l guitar/autoharp champ) & CT organist Suzanne Gates.
Despite music & theatre passions, she followed a calling in family health policy thru the USA, Canada & Europe. While in Croatia in '98 she was asked to sing Dylan after which a demo was asked for Warner's recording VP. A Ferrari designer & girlfriend asked her to move to Croatia & perform at their bistro. Her '97 policy work is on CDC & International Congress of Military Medicine websites.
A major turning point was 1999, when a professional DC jazz pianist neighbor asked if she'd teach him to ‘play like that’ after hearing her epic Dalmatian Suite (DISCOGRAHPY below). But it was the magic of Grandma's Sweetbriar College class ring (Gale wears) that got her to enter their songwriting festival resulting in her 1st EP, Forever & Always (DISCOGRAPHY below remaining BIO).
Teaching is something that has come naturally. After playing for private events, she was asked to teach friends' children (2001). By word of mouth, she has taught privately (piano, autoharp, voice, guitar & songwriting) as well as at LaSalle Music Studios (East H artford), Baldwin Studios (Avon), Steinert Steinway & Son's Studios (West Hartford). She was most recently recommended to teach songwriting thru the Hartt School of Music Community Division (Univ. of Hartford, West Hartford). She runs two music festivals/year with multi-generational students & was also asked to develop musical theatre workshops which she ran from 2003-2006 by popular demand. These have given way to recording & producing activities for Timeless Love & her anticipated new CD Welcome Home. Gale has been grateful to earn her living doing full time music through her company, Fortune's Gale (Creative Music & Consulting Services) since 2003.
Gale has performed in CA, CT, MA, ME, NH, PA, RI, VA, WV, Norway, Croatia & Scotland, in merging styles -traditional & comtemporary Chrisitan/spirituals, gospel blues, traditional, roots, contemporary folk, bluegrass, bluesey & jazzy parodies, unique holiday fare & originals (classically eclectic, bluesified, folk, world -[Spanish- not 'folky at all' said a fan of "What do Broken Hearts do?" on Timeless Love]).
Groton, MA's Stagecoach Inn 5- Star Friday Showcase awarded Gale it's '06 songwriting challenge trophy, & she was chosen 3/07's CT Live Music Local Spotlight. She was invited to perform just prior CD Timeless Love songs for CT&Cox Cable Access Music/talk Shows "Solly's Friends" ('07 & continuing Fall '08) in Winsted, Granby, Simsbury, Enfield (CT) Cox cable towns & Westfield (MA) cable area, as well as "Did You Know?" ('08 Wethersfield & greater Manchester,CT). Most recently she was honored to be invited to perform at the 8th, 9th & 10th Annual Women's Composer Festival of Hartford by founder Heather Seaton & current direct Daniel Morell March. More recently Afton Presents (OR) booked Gale to perform at Webster Underground and Lilly's Pad (above Toad's Place) 2010/11 where she was fortunate to be joined by amazing musician Cornelius Dowd on Mandolin. Lucky Souls Production booked Gale April 2011 in a trio with Suzanne Vic (New Haven Advocate's best woman singer/songwriter) and Liz McNicholl, and Free Poets Collective has requested her music at numerous events in 2011 from New Britain Museum of American Art to Fort Hill Farms' Farmtober Fest,
In Summer 2011 Gale was invited by People to People to join a small team of music educators to meet with counterparst in Sao Paulo & Rio DeJaneiro Brazil. She was invited to play with other faculty at the schools for children in high risk neighborhoods, and donated a special capo (by request) to the guitar faculty at Inidia Tuba after demonstrating how it could be positioned to allow just one finger/chord position with left hand (of 3 chord (I, IV, V common song structure) to play Amazing Grace.
In 2012She was then invited to join a small group of missioners to Port au Prince Haiti in 2012 to teach/provide/ music/instruments to St. Vincent's School for Handicapped Children orphans (1/3 proceeds from this CD go to this music program allowing children who are blind , or with limb reductions to learn to play music to earn a living). We were able to donate harmonicas, neck holders for harmoicas, a restored autoharp, keyboard and more on this trip. It was soulfilling to hear the residents of the school playing Amazing Grace, 'Aaamen' etc. on the harmonicas, guitar, authoarp and other singing. It was a humbling and inspiring experience! (1/3 of the proceeds also go to Simply Smiles Cheyenne River Sioux reservation for impoverished Lakota youth to have guitars - Kristen Graves (current CT State Troubadour) runs a guitar camp for these youth with this organization founded by her husband Bryan). The CD proceeds were able to supply 6 new Takamine Guitars and a soft case towards the over 40 students signed up for this camp. Later that year she was invited to create a new composition in response to visual art at Hartford Open Studio (Nov. '12) which led to an invitation to play for the National Arts Program awards/ekphrastic performing ceremony late Jan. 2013 at Capital Community College in Hartford, CT.
In 2013 Gale is focusing on her next CD project 'Echos in My Soul: Traditional Spirituals and Those that Should Be" for hoped for release in late 2013 or early 2014!
SONG/Instrumental Track NOTES:
1) First Movement -Bog/God: Followed me home in 1997 from Spilatro Hrvatska (Split, Croatia) where I was invited to speak at the 1st European/American clinical genetics/forensic meeting, after the devastating war among Croatia, Bosnia & Serbia of former Yugoslavia. It was more likely for men at bistros to break out in rousing harmonies than fights. From Split to Medjugorije along the Dalmatian coast is the most beautiful trip of my life. Silent for one hour (impossible most who know me would say), it conjured up what Noah may have seen when the floods receded & mountains rose. 1000 islands dot the Adriatic along this coast amid crystal blue/green water kissing beaches at the feet of tree draped mountains.
2) Second Movement -Volim/Love: With all the passion of family/ethnic affinity & love, there is still incredible mystery in the threshold of tension & conflict that escalates to war. WIthin that energy is pain, pride & fear, but most powerful for reconciliation & new life, is the seed of hope always found in love.
3) Third Movement - Vis/Adriatic Island -
Time is Eternity- 7 a.m. on the ferry from Split to Vis (farthest island towards Italy off the Dalmatian coast) this first melody persisted til I 'sketched' it before landing. It was matched a year later with VanDyke's words, Time is Eternity, sent to a Croatian friend who thanked me for 'the song'!? He had been on the ferry boat and I realized the words matched the persistent melody....
Brook Waltz- (VT origin) was a favorite of Croatian friends naturally segued from Time is Eternity. When played for a friend in D.C. helping me transcribe the music, he responded that it sounded 'Croatian' based on a meeting at a castle in Austria where Croatian music was provided (Croatia was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in mid-1800s when my 'most recent' family came over from 'Austria'. I was told later by an Austrian wine maker that the family name 'from Austria' was 'Croatian'...hmmm
BROOK WALTZ (from Third Movement of Dalmatian Suite)
4) Dance CT Dance(G6) - When asked to apply for the CT State Troubadour position in 2008, they required a song 'about CT' so the original lyrics to Brook Waltz were 'slightly' adapted to name CT rivers, the state bird, and Bookend Studio Recording Engineer, John Barber, suggested the chorus be changed slightly...
5) Brook Waltz (Rambling Pitchfork) - A fellow grad student Jeff played fiddle and was in the contra dance band Rambling Pitchfork. At a music gathering he agreed to take the Brook Waltz and work it up for his band. I was able to do an analogue recording of that instrumental performance and watch all the people there dance to it on 'Brook's' 1st birthday. Five years later my mother brought the recording to my grandmother's 90th birthday gathering and she danced with all the men in the room...brother, son, grandsons.. There are no words to express how it feels to have someone dance to your music... My sister Judy & her husband, Doug, also had danced to this song as their 'first dance' with our other sister Amanda & I singing it with their wedding band. Judy had been visiting me the weekend the 'Brook Waltz' was born...on a late March ski trip to Mt. Haystack, VT. I had this strong melody floating from the sky all morning skiing and hurt my knee that afternoon. So I was stuck 'alone in the A frame (while everyone else skiied the next day) with this music in my head & guitar (no cell phone, computer, TV, radio) sitting out on a deck with a small brook dancing down the mountainside... The lyrics kept coming....
6) Brook Waltz (AH) - Larry Bilansky (WWUH radio host who invited me in 2008 to his show to feature the Dalmatian Suite) had suggested sharing live on the air comparing & contrasting themes on different instruments. He also had done a photo shoot of me (one pic is in the insert of the CD) & so I realized the day of the interview that I could play this song (always done on either piano or guitar) also on the autoharp. This is the actual recording from that interview.
7) Brook Waltz (G12) - The lyrics to Brook Waltz are the longest of any song I've written (almost as long as Bye Bye Miss American Pie ;-), so to get a good live recording of this has taken 'years' During that time I segued (2010) to steel strings from my Yamaha classical nylon strings. As fate allowed, my steel strings are on a 12 string 1968 D45 Gibson owned prior by one of my most valued music mentors, Harvey Reid. It is tuned down to a C# (vs. E standard tuning) to lesson the strain of 12 strings on the neck, hence when played in G formation (all other versions of Brook Waltz are in G, it is really being played in the key of "E" (one and a half steps lower). A more mature brook...
TIME IS ETERNITY (from Third Movement of Dalmatian Suite-Vis/Adriatic Island)
8) Time is Eternity (lyrics Van Dyke) - Putting Van Dyke's lyrics with the piano instrumental version of this melody was more challenging than I thought.. The lyrics were matched to the melody when sadly sharing them with my Croatian friend at the passing of his father. His response...Thank you for the song' made me think of the melody as he had been on the ferry boat going to Island Vis when the persistent melody came to me. Originally I thought the words 'anonymous' but a facebook friend responded with the correct credit. I had found the lyrics on parchment paper (as anonymous) and gave them to my parents for their 25th wedding anniversary...
9) White (lyrics/poem by Marek Kowolik) - The melody was 'perfect' to play under Marek's wonderful poem about his 25th wedding anniversary trip back home to Poland with his wife in the winter. It was the beauty of the winter white in his homeland suffused with the celebration of 25 years of love that make this such a special offering... Marek had asked me to play something under it after I played "Welcome Home" title track fo this CD, on the piano at the Cole's Art Gathering (Glastonbury, CT) Jan. 2011. I was so glad he was able to come to Middletown to record it for this CD.
10) Time is Eternity (AH) - Having been challenged to match the lyrics vocally with piano, it never occurred to me to try it on the autoharp...until I was at Union Street Tavern on a night when Diane Davis was offering recording, and I had already done the two songs I had hoped to record (also on this CD, Honey I'm Home, and If You Could Never Play Again). What would I do for the 3rd song on the autoharp? the group there had heard most of my autoharp songs..but they had never heard this one- it just sort of 'popped out' (never having played or sung it on/with autoharp before) and seemed to say...'what took you so long?! They liked it, hope you do too.
DALMATIAN SUITE (from First Movement)
11) Slow Close to You (lyrics/poem by Colin Haskins)-Colin first read this poem April 2011 at the New Britain Museum of American Art as part of the Free Poets Collective Ekphractics Poetry event. I had been asked to moderate/provide music (which was from Dalmatian Suite). After Marek had me play under his poem, I remembered Colin had written a poem inspired by the 1st movement of the Dalmatian Suite. Somehow this poem seemed to go with a more passionate theme of the 1st Movement and we tried it as a 'single take' and it 'matched'!
12) Bog (lyrics/poem by Colin Haskins) - This was the poem Colin wrote in 2009 after we met through the Women's Composer Festival of Hartford . He had read over my piano at one of their events and I was so amazed how powerfully that worked. It took til Spring 2011 to get this poem recorded with Colin and it was 'worth the wait'... It is the only 'poem' I also 'sing' amidst the offering It was important to me to have the 'man speak words alone first, then for the music to enter, then the words to connect with the music, then the woman's voice merges the words and the music, then the man ends with the power of the words echoing...This is one perspective on God/Creation...
LOVE WILL ALWAYS FIND YOU
13) Love Will Find You (AH) - The 2008 Women's Composer Festival of Hartford commissioned the world premier of this song on autoharp, originally played at the Harford Unitarian Meeting House, the quality of the recording was too 'diffused in that wonderful space. Two years later someone heard me sing this on autoharp and wanted a recording of it (I only had a recording of it on guitar). So I knew that Diane Davis was offering recordings of music done at Union Street Tavern Sept. 2010, and I hoped for the best. Prayer answered...
14) Love Will Find You (G6 solo) - This original first recording with Matthew Jones (my voice student at Avon Old Farms School at the time) was for a family who had lost their son in 9/11 (www.mybuddytodd.org ) Todd was only 25 when he died in the World Trade Center. His father had requested the recording and I thought a young man singing it would be more meaningful (I only had a recording of a harmony version with another woman). The song was written in the mid-1990's in response to my Croatian friend's struggle to trust love again after his fiance had left him a week before the wedding. I had a book given me by my Aunt Harriet, of 1 Corinthians 13, and he appreciated borrowing that book. For some reason I also was feeling sad that I never got to know my mother's father (for whom I was named, Gale Barton... he had died when my mom was 3yo). I was so fortunate to know all 3 of my other grandparents. In feeling sad at not knowing him, I wondered what he might want me to know and felt very clearly this 'answer': "All I would want you to know, is the love God always will show, no matter where you go, no matter what you do, the love of God will always find you, and the love of God will carry my love to you."
15) Love Will Find You - This version on piano was part of the 2009 Women's Composer Festival and made a connection with the audience, I hope it will carry through with the live recorded version also
16) Love Will Find You (G6 duo) - As I had already found a special harmony version of this song, and it was recorded at a faith service before I left for Washington, DC in the 1990's, I wanted to share that version also. I join in on vocal harmonies on a 2nd version with Matthew Jones (both with him were recorded in the Avon Old Farms School Chapel, not our choice, it was the only place available as another event was taking up the music department's space). Duncan Bockus provided the recording, and in this sacred place, with candles lit, the song versions found their voices...
17) Welcome Home - It took many recordings of this piano/vocal version of Welcome Home to 'ring true'. The warm and welcoming owners, listeners & musicians at The Space in Hamden provided this live recording and I am truly grateful. The song was written in 1999 when I got the call from my Croatian friend he was engaged (the same friend whose finance left him a week before the wedding 7 years earlier). The same friend whose father had died and thanked me for 'the song' when I sent "Time is Eternity', the same friend who trained special forces for the war before coming to study life saving medicine in CT at Univ. of CT Health Center (we both had the same professor in our grad committees). The same friend who offered Tai Kwon Doe to a small group of us (he has his black belt). The same friend who invited me to be part of the faculty for that special workshop in 1997 that brought me to Croatia...when I could finally understand..."Where is this home we all long for? Where is this home we would die for? Where is this home we want to live for?"
18) Welcome Home/Bog - In 2010 the Women's Composer Festival of Hartford transitioned from Director Heather Seaton (who had invited me to participate in 2008 and 2009). The new director, Daniel Morel, wanted to audition participants for 2010. In the challenge to offer something creative and different, I realized the festival had never heard 'Welcome Home' (yet they didn't want vocals) so why not try and musically loop back to the Dalmatian Suite First Movement Bog? Somehow this piece instrumentally does this, and then after connecting to Bog/Creation at the beginning, comes 'back home' to end with the Welcome Home theme. This 'dance' in conclusion plays out the 1st line of the song: "We want to know where we go, from whence we came, and that means, coming and going back home."
19) Honey I'm Home - after listening to Sat. morning WWUH bluegrass for a few years, I suddenly was deilighted to have this song appear. Cornelius Dowd adds his magic mandolin...
20) If You Could Never Play Again...-One of the most authentic love songs of all time I know is the Tim Harden song 'If I were a Carpenter' that begs the question in love...what if I weren't always 'what I am now', would you still love me? The honesty behind that is so compelling...this song is my response... no matter what our passion...., gifts...we are more than those gifts and passions... I wrote the song in 2001 on a borrowed Yamaha 12 string guitar from musicians participating in the KAIROS prison ministry in Danbury, CT. After 9/11 the gutiar had to be returned to the son of the woman who lent it to me, he was a pilot on USAir who lost his job after 9/11 and needed his guitar back. I never played that song out until Fall 2010 when I finally had my own 12 string guitar, as the song 'needed' all the 12 strings...9 years later...again at Union St. Tavern with Diane Davis providing the recording opportunity...
21) Your Happy Birth - CT Songwriting Association's call for holiday songs for a Holiday Harmony compilation in CD to benefit hunger relief July 2006 had me reflecting that altho I'd been writing songs since I was a teen, I had never written a Christmas song. There are so many beautiful songs from that time of year gathered from 2000 years of offerings. What could I offer? So then I also reflected that I was born on December 25th... I guess I'd kept God waiting long enough for me to at least think about it... So I said (to God) if you want me to write a song about Your Son, please help me write the most beautiful song I have ever written. I had two extremely talented students (Sarah Petersen & George Luther) who met at the Hartt Vocal Institute and were going to do harmony vocals...or so I thought. When the recording date arrived, I had no voice usually I can sing over laryngitis, but not this time. So Sarah & George are here doing the lead vocals/harmonies, and I play guitar. God has a sense of humor... It is a very special recording, and most recently friend Kristen Graves (CT State Troubadour 2013/14 who is doing a music camp for impoverished Lakota Youth supported with proceeds from Welcome Home) responded to it when hearing it at our songwriting gathering for the first time this past Winter...'that is the most beautiful song of yours I have heard yet'... another prayer answered...
(#101) 2001 "Forever & Always"-singer/songwriter entry
For 2002 Sweetbriar College (VA) initial festival. Encouraged by D.C. producer Jim Houck, 6 pure acoustic, 5 originals, one traditional (2 autoharp/vocals, 4 guitar/vocals). A piano student's father exchanged lessons for CD production (CT/NY based) & a 9/15/01 deadline forced final production during a traumatic time. It is an authentic 1st effort at pure acoustic recording (no splicing, overdubbing).
Full Details: www.cdbaby.com/galebgardiner
(#102) 2002 "Dalmatian Suite" - epic piano instrumental
In '03 she performed this as a contempory composer in Playing, Praying & Paying for Peace III, an American Friends Service Committee benefit covered by Fox 61. The piece encompasses ‘big/deep themes’: Creation, Love, Dissonance, War & Reconciliation back to Love. One fan listened to it all day at work, another 3-4 hours. In '06 she played it on the Chihuly Olympia, a Model D 8' 11 3/4" Steinway Concert Grand commissioned for the '02 Winter Olympics touring at Steinert, Steinway & Son's in West Hartford, CT. Immediately following she was invited to join their teaching faculty & the CD was put in their front window (& sold). Recorded on a Mason Hamlin Grand, the rest of this suite is now being recorded with vocals for her next '08 CD, "Welcome Home". Gale was interviewed 6/13/08 by Larry Balinsky, host of WWUH Contemporary Classics show featuring this piece. The multiple compare/contrast music recordings that Larry presented are enough for a double CD (12 tracks Dalmatian Suite, 4 bonus tracks presented as 'just music' and 2nd CD 'music & stories behind' )
(#103) 2002 "Dulcimer Folk Assoc. 2001 Benefit Concert"
Invited to perform solo within the week of the May 2000 benefit, this '01 Avon, CT benefit has live recordings of 2 songs (& other performers for over 60 min. of music) -autoharp-instrumental/vocal. Waltz of the Waves (H. Reid) Four Green Fields (T. Makem) Not currently available.
(#104) 2003 "Love will Always Find You" -vocal duo /guitar
Requested at the 2 yr. annivesray of 9/11 by family of Todd Ouida, who died in 9/11/01. It is a solo/duo with Gale's 17yo voice student, Matt Jones, of her original song (lyrics by Gale & St. Paul 1 Corinthians 13). Sales benefit the Todd Ouida Foundation keeping his spirit alive helping children with anxiety/depression have fulfilling lives. Todd's father requested the score for his church men's choir to sing (done,available to others by request); it was sung at a friend's funeral 3/'06, & an MP3 was E-mailed to Virgina Tech Dean of Students Fri. 4/20/07.
(#105) "Live in Studio Aug. 18, 2005 WWUH" -vocal/guitar
A Univ. of Hartford DJ heard Gale & invited her to his show-hece a 4th CD (Live in the Studio!), as fans wanted stories along with the songs. He played Love Will Always Find You & Gale sang "The Ballad of King Philip & Puss N Boots", "The Wheat Bows Down", & "Deloras, A Pony With Attitude". He had played "Rose of Allendale" & "Right Person, Place & Thyme" from F&A prior to the interview.
(#106)'06 "Share the Journey" CSA Compilation
CT Songwriter Assoc.(CSA) compilation "Share the Journey" includes spiritual & inspirational songs in range of styles from folk, gospel, country & celtic to classical, including Gale's "One Day". This CD was released the same weekend as a retreat Gale was to provide music, and this song was requested to be shared during that retreat also. More information can be found at CSA's website. Proceeds to LUNCH (Local United Network to Combat Hunger).
(#107) 2006 "DF#A 2005 Sounding Board Coffeehouse Benefit"
This is a double CD release of the Dulcimer Folk Assoc.'s Live '05 Benefit Concert for Sounding Board Coffeehouse in W.Hartford, CT. First recorded amplified autoharp instrumental/ vocals "Waltz of Waves" (H.Reid)/"Rose of Allendale"(trad) & "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You" (E.Presley et al). This 2nd live recording has become a favorite of fans & is on the new Timeless Love CD!
(#108) 2007 "Along the Road" CSA Compilation
This has Gale's previously unrecorded "More Than Horses & Men" (won a songwriting challenge at the Stagecoach Inn, Groton, MA) & "The Wheat Bows Down". CD release was 9/15/07 at CSA's 6th Ecumenical Day of Praise (St. James's Episcopal Church, W. Hartford, CT). This was a 100% benefit for the hungry, 50% CT, 50% Heifer International via Local United Network to Combat Hunger.
(#109) 2007 "Holiday Harmony" CSA Compilation
This has Gale's 1st Christmas song, "Your Happy Birth", amusing as she was born Dec. 25th... Since she had laryngitis the day of recording, her students (Sarah Petersen & George Luther) moved up from back up vocals to sing it as a duo with beautiful harmonies while Gale plays guitar. The CD has 13 songs both secular & of Winter season's faiths, including a Hanukkah song by Thomasina Levy, a CT State Troubadour. Proceeds benefit hunger relief-can be purchased from Gale or CSA.
(#110) 2008 "Timeless Love: Old,New,Borrowed,Blue, Strong & True"-Piano,guitar,autoharp,vocals,instrumentals (see separate document on Timeless Love
(#111) 2012 "Welcome Home: Comparing and Contrasting Themes from The Dalmatian Suite (this site)
Unique VENUES of FEATURE/DUO/SPECIAL GUEST PERFORMANCES ~ 2000-Present
1)Dulcimer Folk Assoc. Benefits since 2000 when she was
heard at It's Only Natural's Open Mike (Middletown, CT)
1st in Avon, CT, these benefits are now part of
Sounding Board Coffeehouse subscription
series (W.Hartford, CT) latest-6/5/10!
1a) Good News Outreach Ministry performances as singer/later piano/guitar/autoharp accompaniments
Suzanne Gates Director (also of Hartford City Singers). Programs at nurshing homes, assisted living,
shelters, CT Hospital for Special Care, etc. Gale continued these outreach ministry programs as Just
Grace Notes after Suzanne's parents' health required all her extra time. From 2000 thru 2009 (after
which Gale has been asked to provide music with the Tres Dias ecumenical faith community 2009-present)
2) Hope Outloud Coffeehouse-Jan. 2003 invited to feature-
continuous with others to present-Hartford, CT
Benefit for CT Coalition for Peace & Justice
to help fund Sept. Peace Rally's annual since 9/11
3) Westminister Presbyterian Church, West Hartford, CT Playing, Praying, Paying for Peace- July 2003 - American Friend's Service Committee sponsored concert of Contemporary & Traditional Classical music covered by Fox 61. Gale performed her Dalmatian Suite almost in its entirety on the Steinway concert grand also incorporating her unrecorded guitar/vocals.
4) Seacoast Guitar Society - Harvey Reid has Gale host ~1-
2/yr Redhook Brewery Seacoast Guitar Soc. Hoots
(since Jan. '04 Portsmouth, NH).
5) Pineloft Cafe-Duo with Ray Paquette Summer '04
Open Mic Feature 2/14/08
Sun. Brunch with Eric Paradine 9/08
Sun. Brunch Veteran's Tribute 11/08
Jim (aka James) Taylor & Will Laramie
Fri. Duo -Guy Gilchrist - 2/09
Fri. Duo-Eric Paradine 4/17/09
6) CT Landmark & Antiquarian Society events
-Fall Fest-Bellamy Ferriday House, Bethlehem, CT '04
-Nathan Hale's 250th Birthday Coventry Summer '05,
-Family Day -Phelps Hathoway home Suffield '05/'06,
7) Blackbird Books & Cafe, Nashua, NH April '05
8) WWUH 91.3 FM W. Hartford, CT live in studio guest of:
Host Eugene (aka Earstretcher) 8/17/05
(became Live in Studio CD) & Spring '06 for
CT Songwriting Assoc. (CSA) Share the Journey
CD Release in Groton, CT
Hosts Kevin Lamkin & Steve Theiker-Fall '07
for CSA Along the Road CD release benefit.
Host Larry Bilinsky June '08 re: Dalmatian Suite
& classically shaded pieces from Timeless Love &
as Celtic Airs guest host - July '08
Host Larry Bilansky Feb. 2012 re: Welcome Home CD release
9) Griffen Books & Beans, Sturbridge, MA Dec. '05
10) Groton's Stagecoach Inn (MA) Feature 2/05, 4/08
winner 3/06 songwriting competition,
Special guest 2/8/08, Guest Host/feature 2x 12/08
11) Klekolo’s World Coffeehouse Middletown, CT-solo feature
2004-'06 (live music discontinued Spring '06)
12) The Last Supper-Middletown, CT- Spring '04 chorus
Spring '05 (Middletown) & 1/07 solo/duets (Naugatuck)
with Sharon Kunay & Tony Verrier. Musical re-
enactment of Leonardo DaVinci's struggle
to paint The Last Supper after not painting for 10
years. Invited to be on Board of Maritime Ministry
Players overseeing productions. Did solos for PR
needed to launch Newport, RI productions.
13) Wild Oat Market, W. Hartford, CT Earth Day Reception '06
14)Gundalow Boat Co. Annual Mtg -Portsmouth, NH 7/06
15) Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Dinner Benefit- July '06,
'07 & '08, Torrington, CT - Fortune's Gale,
Sharon Kunay (duos also!) & other features,
special service music 10/19/09
16) Roaring Brook Nature Center's Open Mike series opening
Fall '06 Feature-Canton, CT
17) Kingsfield B&B, Suffield, CT- Colonial music/period
dress for Children's Safe Home Benefit-Fall'06
18)Peaberry's Cafe, Simsbury, CT - solo '06 & split bill
Jim Taylor - 2nd Veteran's Tribute '07 veterans
welcome to perform during break
April & May 2008- Timeless Love CD featured
19) Flatbread (Canton,CT) Benefit for Julia's Backpacks
(9yo with ovarian cancer who wants to help other kids
with cancer!) 1/30/07
20) Winsted, CT Cable Access Channel #13 "Friends of
Solly" music/talk/humor aired May 2007, so popular
it got a 2nd time slot in Winsted, picked up by
Granby & Simsbury,CT, with interest in Worcester, MA
21) Atria Hamilton Hts, W. Hrtfrd,CT-solo '06 & 07, '08
Celtic, 4th of July '07 group with Duncan Bockus
22) Footlights & Spotlights Torrington, CT 5/26/07 WAPJ
89.9/105.1 FM interviewed by Bob DeVito
23) St. Thomas Roasters Coffeehouse, Linglestown, PA,
Summer & Fall '07, Spring & Summer & Fall '08
24) Javapalooza, Middletown, CT (solo & split bills-CT gem
Jim (aka James) Taylor summer '07, & Fall '07
with R.L. Hegarty, fave NH bluesman, both with
bass wiz Will Laramie-R.L. split bill 2/08
25) Center for Progressive Therapy, Manchester, CT 8/3/07
split bill - Jim (aka James) Taylor, & 8/8/08
26) Zion Lutheran Church, Harrisburg, PA-9/2/07 special
27) Hebron Harvest Fair (CT) Sept. 2007 National Anthem
4x & full set 9/9/07
28) St. James's Episcopal Church, W. Hartford, CT-CT
Songwriter Assoc. 7th Day Day of Praise benefit
for CT & international hunger via Heifer Found.
29) St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Torrington, CT-10/6/07
Van Ministry Benefit duo-Sharon Kunay
30) Springfield (MA) Museums- Veteran’s Program 11/8/07
31) S. Church Unitarian Universalist Church, Portsmouth, NH
Special Service Music 3/2/08
32) Buttonwood Tree, Middletown,CT-Timeless Love CD Release
3/21/08, split bill/duo with Eric Paradine! Welcome Home CD release with special guests March 2013
Singer Songwriter in the Round Jan. 2009 with Eric Paradine & Bonnie Lee Panda
33) Wethersfield, CT Cable Access Channel 14 3/08 then
greater Manchester area programing on Cox Cable
Channel 15 starting 4/08- Host Tony Magna for
pilot show "Did You Know?"
34) 8th Annual Women Composer Festival of Hartford (CT)
Invited-Local Women's Composer concert 3/29/08
Unitarian Meeting House-World Premier commissioned
35) Passiflora Tearoom, New Hartford, CT –Earth Day 4/17/08,
Valentine's Day 2/14/09, Halloween 10/31/10, Thanksgiving 11/21/10
New Hartford Festival of Lights Dec. 5, 2010, St. Patrick's Day March 17, 2011,
Gathering of Friends Fall 2011, Spring 2012, Nov. 11, 2012 Veteran's Day Tribute
36) Cornerstone Coffeehouse, Camp Hill, PA- 6&11/08
5/23/09, 12/26/09, Summer 2010, December 2012, March 2013
37) Hope Out Loud Peace & Music Festival-Coffeehouse/Open
Mic host, Bushnell Park, Hartford, CT 9/08 & 9/09 & 9/10 Co-hosted with Vanessa Stevens
of the Purple Song Project (education/prevention of domestic violence, surviving to thriving!)
37a) Steam Vent Coffeehouse at 1st Church of Winsted Sept. 2009 Showcase benefit for youth ministries
in Mexico orphanages. Spring/Fall 2010, Spring/Fall 2011 Spring/Fall 2012, Spring 2013
Mostly solo, sometimes duo with Sharon Kunay, Cornelius Dowd, Frank Berg
38) Bristol Recovery Club (CT) Showcase feature 10/11/08
4/10/09 (Jeff Andersen opens), 7/26/09 open mic host 11/28/09, 6/10, next 4/26/11
39) Spin Cycle Cafe (Newington, CT) Open for Too Many
Monkeys (best CT Improv Comedy) Fri. 9/26/08
40) Christian Connection Ministries (Torrington, CT) Benefit Dinner with Sharon Kunay & Fred Berger
Oct. 2008 and Oct. 2009
41) Jitters Coffeehouse (Southington, CT) Dec. 13, '08
May 30, '09, May 1st, 2010 Hait Benefit. Aug. 13th, 2010, Jan. 2011 (with Mark Pollard!)
July 2012 Welcome Home CD benefit for Haiti (St. Vincent's School for Handicapped Children)
42) CT 612 Vietnam Memorial Escort (Rocky Hill, CT) 10/08
Honored to share a song graveside to begin escort
to Rentschler Field in East Hartford, & carry one
of the 612 names (WWII, Korea, Gulf War, Afghanistan
& Iraq fallen CT soldiers also honored)
43) PACE-People's Action for Clean Energy 11/08 & 11/09 , 11/10 and 11/11
Unitarian Society of Hartford
Renewable Energy Exhibit & program
Quaker Meeting House, W. Hartford location 11/17/12
44) Good Friday Coffeehouse (Naugatuck, CT) 4/24/09 & 9/09
45) Canterbury Residence (West Hartford, CT) 3/09 Celtic
46) Sunrise Living (West Hartford, CT) 2/14&3/17/09 Celtic
47) 9th Annual Women's Composer Festival of Hartford (CT)
Invited to perform-7 events March 2009,
6-Opening U.of Htfd Konover Hall W.Htfd.
8-Art/music/poetry-Tisane Cafe Htfd
11-Contemporary Concert-Hartt School W.Htfd
14-Local Composer I -Bliss Aud. W.Htfd
15-Sacred Music-Sisters of St. Joseph W.Htfd
26-Music+ Poetry/Open mic Unitarian Mtg House
48) Main Pub (Manchester,CT) Open Mic Feature 3/11/09
49) Starbucks (Storrs, CT) Feature 4/25/09 & 8/09
50) PACE Private event (Sandisfield, MA) July 2009
51) 3rd Thurs. Street Fest - Windham Arts Gallery (Willimantic, CT)
52) Wreaths Across America (Hartford Capitol Bldg, CT) Dec. 8th, 2009
53) South Green Coffeehouse Host (Middletown, CT) 3/09/ 12/09, 2/11
54) Bread Box Showcase - St. Paul's Episcopal Church (Willimantic, CT) Covenant Soup Kitchen benefit
12/09 (You Tube) & 2/10
55) Buttonwood Tree (Middletown, CT) Songwriting Circle with Eric Paradine & Bonnie Lee Panda Jan. 2009
56) Boulder Coffeehouse (Fitchburg, MA) 1/9/09
57) Buttonwood Tree (Middletown, CT) Susan Campbell Booksigning (Dating Jesus) & Timeless Love Music
to benefit St. Vincent's School/Haiti quake relief 2/14/10
58) Opus Steakhouse (Willimantic, CT) Feb. 14th, 2010
59) Bread Box Showcase (Willimantic, CT) benefit for soup kitchen Feb. and April 2010
60) Brookdale Place (West Hartford, CT) 11/09, 2/10, 2/11
61) La Paloma Sabanera Hait Benefit (Christian Mission Orphanage) Hartford, CT 2/10
62) Wolcott (CT) Town Haiti Benefit (VFW) March 2010
63) South Green Coffeehouse Benefit for River Valley Community Services (Middletown, CT) 3/10
64) 10th Annual Women's Composer Festival invitation to perform Welcome Home (final track for new CD Welcome Home!)
Sisters of St. Joseph (West Hartford, CT) March 2010 (3rd year in a row performing with this festival!)
65) Webster Underground Feature Opener for Bands (Hartford, CT) 3/10 & 5/21
66) Bull Run Showcase (Shirley, MA) with Dale Reynolds July 2010
Torch Song Triology with Donn Hill & Jane Fallon July 2010
67) Michelle's Gourmet Cafe on Main (Torrington, CT) May 7th, 2010
68) Night Songs Open Mic Feature (Coventry, CT) June 24th, 2010
69) Nirvana's Cafe & Juice Bar -(Torrington, CT) June 18th, 2010
70) Torrington (CT) Historical Society- Singer/Songwriter Network Event-invited-July 10th & Sept. 22nd, 2010
Ladies and Lyrics August 2011, June 2012 and Aug. 2012
71) Torrington (CT) Market Street Beats-July 2010 (July 2010)
72) BIG Summer Jam (Windham, CT) featured performer July 17th, 2010
73) Yankee Days (Newburyport, MA) Market Square July 2010
74) Simsbury Public Library TGIF (Simsbury, CT) July and August 2010
75) Manchester Community College Farmers Market (Manchester, CT) August/Sept. 2010, July/Sept 2011
June, August and September 2012, August 2013
76) Whigville Grange (Burlington, CT) Sept. 25, 2010 with Bill Benson, Fall 2012 Solo, Sept. 2013 solo
77) Blue Back Square (West Hartford, CT) PANASO benefit (Pan African North American Solidarity Org.) Sept. 25, 2010
with Donna Gentile, Dan Reilert, Roseanne Krznowski, RL Roberts, Faith Montaperto
78) Our Savior Lutheran Church (South Windsor, CT) Annual Picnic with Sharon Kunay Sept. 2010
79) Nayaug Canoe/Kayak Fest (South Glastonbury, CT) Oct. 2009 & 2010 with JJ Diamond Band & more!
80) Steam Vent Coffeehouse (Winsted, CT) First Church of Winsted Fall 2009, Dec. 11, 2010
March 2011 to benefit orphanage in Mexico Youth ministry mission
81) Twisted Vine Restaurant (Derby, CT) Oct. 9, 2010
82) Our Lady of Calvery (Farmington< CT) Oct. 15, 2010 Private Tres Dias Retreat Chapel music with Sharon Kunay
June 2012 Private Tres Dias Retreat Music Director, June 2013 music
for men's weekend chapel service, and women's team musician, Nov.
2013 Women's team musician, Ocf. 2013 men's chapel service musician
83) WAPJ (Torrington, CT) Sam's Place Oct. 26, 2010 Dalmatial Suite Featured (core of next CD Welcome Home!)
89.9 FM & 105.1FM, and Jacque Williams Host August 2012
84) Lilly's Pad (New Haven, CT above Toad's Place!) Dec. 2010 & Feb. 2011, Sept. 2012, Feb. 2013
85) Fireplace (Collinsville, CT) Invited guest singer with Mark Pollard and West Coast Cadance Band
86) Helping Hands for Haiti- Waterbury, CT -Annual Dinner benefit March 2011
87) Baptist Church (Bethlehem, CT) Newly planted church service music March 2011
88) Russell Library (Middletown, CT) - Welsh Poetry event, featured music March 12, 2011
89) Private Bat Mitzvah event- West Hartford, CT March 13, 2011
90) Green Room Cafe-Winsted, CT March 25, 2011, May 15, 2011, June 2012
91) Hall Memorial Lilbrary (Ellington, CT) April 3rd, 2011 Atrium Poetry event, featured music
92) New Britain Museum of American Art (New Britain, CT) Moderator/music for Ekphractic Poetry Event April 17, 2011
and April 2012
93) Funky Monkey (Cheshire, CT) Split bill with Kristen Graves April 9, 2011, Fall 2011 Songwriting Circle with Kristen,
Lana Peck, Erik Paradine and Susan Lori , Jan. 2013 solo
94) Day of Praise CT Songwriting Assoc. Benefit Concerts (Mystic, Groton, Wethersfield, West Hartford, Hamden)
2004 to present, featured songwriter/composer and CD compilation releases for hunger relief
Next May 14, 2011 Mystic CT Union Baptist Church 7pm...featuring Healing Gospel Blues
95) Infinity Hall with Free Poets Collective (date TBD)
96) Hillstead Musem Sunken Garden Poetry Festival (invited by Rennie McQuilken, date TBD)
97) Valerie Manor (Torrington) March 2011
98) Apple Rehab (Cromwell) March 2011
99) Montain Glen Manor (Middletown) March 2011
100) Enfield Adult Day Care (Enfield) April 2011
101) Avon Health Care Center (Avon) April 2011
102) Whitney Manor (Hamden) April 2011, March 2012
103) Wintney Center (Hamden) April 2011
104) Outer Space with Suzanne Vick & Liz McNicholl -Lucky Soul Productions (Hamden) April 2011
105) Pendleton Health (Mystic) April 2011
106) Mystic Health (Mystic) April 2011
107) Wolcott View Manor (Wolcott) April 2011
108) Litchfield County Autistm Spectrum Assoc. Benefit -West Hills Lake (New Hartford ) May 2011
109) Urban Oak Green Faire (New Britain) May 2011 with Free Poets Collective
110) Vanilla Bean Cafe (Pomfret) July 1st, 2011
111) Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford, CT - Hope Out Loud Peace/Art Festival Sept. 2011 Main Stage Feature
112) Cafe 9 (New Haven) July 17, 2011, Sept. 2011 & Dec. 10th, 2011
113) Higganum Village Farmers Market June/October 2011, July & August 2012, June and Sept. 2013
114) Hiroshima Remembrance Event (West Hartford) Aug. 6th 2010 & 2011, Quaker Meeting House
115) IndiaTuba School, Sao Paulo, Brazil - Workshop with Guitar instructors Aug. 2011
116) Paradigm Health Care Center, Torrington, October 2011, Feb. 2012, September 2012
117) Fort Hills Farm, Thompson, CT - Farmtober event with Free Poets Collective Oct. 22, 2011,
Lavender Ice Cream Valentine's Event Feb. 18th, 2012
118) WESU 88.1 FM River Valley Rhythms Gust host J. Cherry Nov. 10th, 2011, March 6th, 2012
119) JPWalsh Country Store, Falls Village, CT Dec. 17th, 2011 (requested by owner ;-)
120) CAFTA (CT Academy for the Arts) Torrington, CT Fundraiser Jan. 2012
121) Women of St. James's Valentine Luncheon Valentine's Program Feb. 2012
122) Canton Library - Dylan Thomas reading, Welsh music feature March 2012
123) Arm to Arm Haiti Benefit Glastonbury Church April 2012 & 2013
124) Milford Art Center, Free Poets Collective event music feature May 2012
125) Whiting Mills Open Studio Winsted, CT Featured Music June 2012
126) Canton Historical Society, Collinsville - Free Poets Collective Legends of Poetry Series music feature June 2012
127) Edna St. Vincent Millay Home, NY - Free Poets Collective music feature July 2012
128) Berlin/Kensington Farmers Market, Kensington July and August 2012
129) St. Vincent's School for Handicapped Children, Port au Prince, Haiti - Invited to play with Music Faculty, July 2012
130) Manchester Community College Live on Main Coffeehouse August, 2012
131) South Windsor Farmers Market September 2012/July/Aug 2013
132) Artspace, Torrington - September 2012 Women's Art exhibit music feature
133) Cugino's Italian Restaurant - Dinner baby grand piano music and Rock N Roots Show with Dan Reilert Oct. 12, 2012
Dinner piano music thru April 2013, Benefit for Arm to Arm & Hand to Hand for Haiti relief
134) Buttonwood Tree International Poets Event, Middletown, CT
Free Poets Collective, Ashanti (Pulitizer Prize Nominee) feature poet Fortune's Gale feature music
Free Poets Collective Musefest feature musician/muse Calliope September 2013
135) Farmington Woods, Avon, with Danny Reilert October 2012
136) Artspace Hartford, Ekphrastic Poetry, Music, Dance event, featured musician-Nov. 3, 2012
Documentary Film by Dan Salazar
137) O'Reilly's Irish Gift Shop, Holiday/celtic music Farmington, CT December 2012
138) CT Farm Energy Expo , Glastonbury Riverfront Community Center Dec. 1st, 2012
139) National Art Program- music feature in ekphrastic performing Awards Event Jan. 2013
Capital Community College Hartford, CT
140) Gunn Library, Washington, CT Voices of Poetry February 2013 music feature
141) Sherman Playhouse, Sherman, CT Voices of Poetry June 2013 music feature
142) Auer Farm Benefit, Bloomfield, CT - Songwriter in the Round with Susan Lori Rosenstien & Eric Paradine July 2013
143) Highland Park Watershed Assoc. Benefit - Winsted, CT Solo music August 2013
144) Shelton Tent Revival - Shelton, CT - part of 2 week revival, special music before preaching Wed. evening 8/7th/13