High-energy rock and pop songs that often change textures or rhythms from beginning to end. These tunes are unpredictable, unusual and interesting. Intense lead guitar improvisations raise the energy to a remarkable level.
Cranking these tunes up on loud stereo will unleash the full fury of the truly physical impact. Listening carefully on headphones will reveal a multitude of intricate musical details waiting to be discovered.
Lyrically, the songs form a concept album. The theme is to challenge the listener to rethink their personal beliefs, suggesting that the life we lead is determined more by how we think than by our circumstances.
The entire project was recorded at Gordon's home from 1994 to 2000 on a Roland VS-880. He wrote all the lyrics and music as well as performing all of the vocal and instrumental parts.
About the songs:
1. WHAT DO YOU WANT - Rush meets the Stray Cats. The first half of the guitar solo sounds like vintage Queen and the second half of the guitar solo sounds like a madman trying to play until he explodes. The lyrics set the stage for the rest of the songs by asking the listener to focus on their own desires.
2. POINT OF VIEW - Many classic rock styles in one song. You really have to hear this production to believe it. The lyrics question religions.
3. WHAT YOU THINK IS TRUE - A powerful Bad Company meets Disco meets Montrose riff during the verses just has to be turned up. The sing along chorus would best be described as Supertramp meets Three Dog Night. The guitar solo screams and shrieks. The lyrics explain that reality is defined by perception.
4. OPEN MINDS KNOW - Focus meets Aha. This song structure is oddly linear. The vibe is both frantic and laid back at the same time. The guitar solo just might make your head explode. The lyrics explain that its all in your mind...if you let it.
5. PART OF YOUR BRAIN - A pounding beat with odd little riffs and dynamic vocals conjures the sound of Sweet meets Zeppelin. The lead guitar bits have a strange seasick Steve Vai / Van Halen quality. The lyrics describe how we unwittingly filter out much of what is real.
6. WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG - Pink Floyd meets Creedence Clearwater Revival. The lyrics tell the story of the pain of youth resulting in the skewed perception of the adult.
7. BALANCE - Heavy Metal Polka verses with Three Dog Night style choruses. The lyrics advise against focusing only on carreer as well as warning against a life of goofing off. The guitar leads are both melodic and strange.
8. EVERYDAY EVERYTHING - Queen meets Def Leppard meets AC/DC with just a touch of Zeppelin thrown in. The lyrics remind us that we don't get a time out from life and that our actions all have consequences.
9. GROW - A strange linear song structure that covers a multitude of styles. Think Zeppelin Beatles Sabbath Rush. The lyrics tell the story of the dissapointment that sometimes results from achieving goals and becoming bored.
10. INFINITE POTENTIAL - Another linear song structure.Think AC/DC Zeppelin Beatles. The lyrics remind us that anything is possible.