TRACK INFO BELOW
See www.johnhefter.com for complete liner notes and further career info .
Special thanks to Select Sound and cover artist Courtney Boehler (firstname.lastname@example.org )
1. No More-tini - I enjoy and play many standard American crooner songs. But if I had a contribution in the Jazz fake books, it would go like this.
2. Big Cat - Am I freakin' middle aged already ??
3. Strike - An song idea that came to me while talking myself through a natural stage shyness. It has encouraged me to venture open mics and Jazz jams in cities across the U.S. The energy shared bringing something you do in your private wandering to a public gathering place is not to be missed !!
4. Boogie As We Can -
5. Infinite Midpoint - We look up into a telescope and down into a microsope searching for infinity.
6. Star Spangled Banner - Dedicated to left and right handed Americans who can talk informed politics in pursuit of “We the People “ getting what WE want. (Sorry lobbyists, you don’t play well in this sandbox.) Also to Frank Charles, the former Brewers' and Bucks’ organist who was a childhood musical inspiration.
7. Good Guys - I remember a woman gleefully saying to me on March 19th, 2003, “Bush is going to make his speech tonight!!” The line was delivered as if she were anticipating Monday Night Football.
8. Wednesday Night - Let’s have one sort of romance related song, shall we ?
9. A Little Frankenstein - Started as a song, but I wasn’t feeling the lyrics anymore. I put this instrumental track together with an accompaniment from the 4 track grave yard and a keyboard melody from the bargain bin. Don’t be frightened !
10. The Goat in Cowtown - A deep West African proverb resonates with a musician growing up in Wisconsin, USA
11. This End - That's all for now