When you turn on a Jamie Sparks track, the music will immediately begin to release tension in the neck & shoulders. As if someone were giving you a luxurious massage, the mellow tones can smooth out any uptight or anxious feelings. The tempo, chords and melodies were specially crafted and purposely designed to make you feel good.
Singer/Songwriter/Producer Jamie Sparks has been blazing trails within the industry for years. From Cherry Brook, Nova Scotia he’s traveled throughout North America touring and recording. No stranger to awards Jamie has received the Montreal's Jazz Festival's Award of Excellence, the Professional Publishers and Songwriter Award, Winner of two ECMA’s, 2 ANSMA Awards and a Juno Nomination.
The Jamie Sparks album "Fun Tonight" with tracks recorded at P.Diddy's "Daddy's House" (Bad Boy) Recording Studios in NYC, has sold thousands of copies and yielded four music videos. The hot new single " ALL I NEED" from his upcoming New Album "IT'S The MUSIC" has won an ECMA Urban Single Recording of the Year 2007. He also won another ECMA for African-Canadian Recording of the year 2007
His music has most recently been heard on the Fox Network shows 24, CUTS on UPN, WILDCARD on Global and THE LIFE on ESPN.
Jamie's new CD "It's The Music" fully displays his unrestrained talent as a singer, songwriter, producer, and musician. Gospel influenced Soul/R&B with an old school flavor, this CD contains a broad collection of contemporary songs. The first track ALL I NEED gently ignites the listeners attention with the smooth electric piano leading into the song.
It quickly gets moving as the bass starts pumping on tracks like GONNA GET DOWN(Remix). Another gem on the CD is the soulful ballad MY HOME. This song describes Jamie’s return to Nova Scotia from the hectic pace of New York City to reunite with family & friends. With Jamie on all instruments including a smooth bass guitar, and lending that gospel touch with the Hammond Organ, he is able to create a very moving & vibrant picture through song. “It’s The Music” can be listened to and thoroughly enjoyed from top to bottom. It really is all about the music!
singer, songwriter, producer, bassist and keyboardist. Began professionally in 1990
2007 ECMA WINNER for 'ALL I NEED" Urban single Recording of the year
2006 ECMA Winner “Gonna Get Down” Urban Single Recording of the Year
2002 Juno Nomination Best R&B/Soul Recording
2000 East Coast Music Award for Urban Recording of the Year
1999 ANSMA nomin. for R&B Artist of the Year
1999 East Coast Music Award nomination for Male Vocalist of the Year.
1998 African Nova Scotian Music Assoc. (ANSMA) award for Best New Artist
1998 East Coast Music Award for Best Dance/HipHop Artist of the Year.
1997 Regional winner in the 1997 SunFM Songwriter Contest.
1997 Professional Demo Award from Foundation to Assist Canadian Talent on Records (FACTOR)
1996 Professional Publishers and Songwriters Award (FACTOR)
* Opened for Shaggy (MCA/Universal) April 2002
* Halifax Civic Centre (Juno’s Weekend) April 2006
* Pipers Pub New Years Eve (Antigonish, NS) Dec 2005
* Chuggles Bar (Antigonish, NS) Oct 2005
* 42 St. Theatre Row Studios (New York City) Feb 2003
* Opened for “112” (Bad Boy/Arista Records), May 1998
* Soul Cafe (42nd St. New York City) Oct 2002
* Ave C Cafe, Cats Cafe (New York City) Nov 2002
* The Village Underground (New York City) Dec 2002
* The Baggot In (New York City) Jan 2003
* Philadelphia Music Conference (Adams Mark Hotel) Jan 2000
* Pause TV on The WB (New York City) Dec 2000
* Dartmouth’s 250 Birthday (crowd of 25,000) July 2000
* ITT Sheraton Casino June 2000
* Private party at Tatamagouche Golf Course with guests
Lennie Gallant, Mike Cowie, Matt Minglewood March 2002
* Sable Gas Project wrap party @ World Trade Aug 2000
Centre with Bruce Guthro,
Matt Minglewood, John Gracie, Liz Rigney, April 2000
*East Coast Music Awards National Telecast Feb 1999
*DaMix(Much Music, Canada/U.S. music TV Network) Jan 1999
*Open Mike w/Mike Bullard (Talk Show aired Can/U.S.
on CTV & Comedy Network Jan 1999
*Canada Day Celebrations in Dartmouth July 1999
*World Trade & Convention Centre (New Year’s Eve) Dec 1998
*Grand Opening of the New MusicWorld Store, July 1998
*Nat’l anthem & half-time show CIAU basketball finals (TSN), March 1998
*Nationally televised 1998 East Coast Music Awards Show February 1998
*Canadian Music Week showcases at the Bamboo and
Government Club Toronto, ON, March 1998
*UMOJA Talk Show Jan 1998
*Guest soloist on CBC/Salter Street Television
gospel production“Halleluah!” May 1997
*Annual tribute concert in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. February 1995
* Recorded CD “Fun Tonight” at Daddy’s House Recording Studios
(A Division of Bad Boy Entertainment Inc. New York, NY) fall 2000
* Shot 4 videos for the album “Fun Tonight” (Unforgettable, Be Right There
Tender Love, Fun Tonight shot in Toronto & Vancouver 2000, 2001, 2002) in rotation on Much Vibe, Much More Music, BET, MTV Canada.
* Songs placed in TV
- “Cuts” on UPN/CBS (2006)
- “G-Spot: The Series” The Movie Network 2005
- Fox Networks programs such as “American Embassy, 24” (2002)
- “wildcard” on Lifetime Network (2003-2004)
- The Life on ESPN
- Halleujah on CBC
- Breakfast Television on CTV
- Pause TV on The WB; Midnight Love on BET
* Scotia Mix Vol.1 (2006) Kicksta Music Group
* Gonna Get Down (2005) single Kicksta
* Jamie Sparks-Unforgettable (2000) re-released re-mixes as “Fun Tonight” (2004)
* single “Unforgettable” featured on EMI Music Urban compilation 44N/63W (2000)
* Jamie Sparks: The Time (1998)
* Beat Factory "Groove Essentials" compilation CD,EMI (1997)
* seven song extended (EP) single titled: "Jamie Sparks: Git Wit U" (1996)
* Wrote the theme song for the 1994 Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission
* Appeared on the 1994 FACTOR New Artist Compilation CD.
* Won the Award of Excellence at the 1991 Jazz Music Festival held at McGill
University in Montreal for the song “Making Me Feel”
- President of Operations – Kicksta Music Group & Kicksta Muzik Publishing
- Owner of Smash Track Recording Studios
- Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN)
- Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI - U.S. Affiliate)
- Music Industry Associations of Nova Scotia (MIANS)
- African Nova Scotian Music Association (ANSMA)
- East Coast Music Association (ECMA)
- Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency (CMRRA)
In addition to singing, he is also President of Operations for Kicksta Music Group. The record label's latest release "SCOTIA MIX VOL.1" is a collection of hip hop/R&B artists from Nova Scotia. It features artists such as Canadian Idol contestant Kaleb Simmonds, The Empire, Dimples, and Papa Grand - to name a few. Kicksta recently filmed a music video for Papa's single "ScoTown Stomp" produced by Triton Films of Vancouver.