The best of Jasun Martz's recordings: experimental, contemporary classical, avant-garde, noise, orchestral, soundscapes and keyboard (mellotron, organ and piano).
Over 1 hour of music. A MUST HEAR if you have always wanted to hear an extensive sample of Jasun Martz's recordings, you are a Jasun Martz completest, a Mellotron fanatic, or want to hear new and never before heard tracks by Martz.
Released for Martz's performances in Saint Petersburg in March 2013, (The title means "Disintegration" in Russian), the album contains 10 minute excerpts of six Jasun Martz albums including his greatest hits like "The Pillory" and "The Battle". PLUS new and never before heard recordings including a preview of the second movement of Martz's third symphony (not yet released- scheduled for release in 2014). This is not a live recording but is mastered from the original recordings.
This release features several hundred musicians in: The Arts, Music Brut, The Intercontinental Philharmonic Orchestra, The Neoteric Orchestra, The Orchestral Ensemble of New York and Jasun Martz.
Jasun Martz is an American record producer, composer, musician, fine artist, creative director and sculptor who has worked on several #1 internationally best selling hit records but is probably best known for his contemporary classical symphonies. He has recorded with Michael Jackson (Bad and Dangerous), toured with Frank Zappa and helped arrange one of rock music's best selling hits: We Built this City by Starship.
Also a renowned New York based painter and sculptor, Martz has lived in New York, Los Angeles and London and has created and exhibited "raw expressionist" paintings and papier-mâché sculpture inspired by the subway passengers he encounters in each city. He collaborated with French modern master Jean Dubuffet (the founder of art brut) on Martz’s critically acclaimed avant-garde/ contemporary classical symphony entitled The Pillory.
The 10 minute excerpts include:
1. "Disintegration": The second movement of Martz's contemporary classical 3rd symphony (not yet released). This is a never before heard pre-release preview. The full symphony will be released in 2014.
2. "The Battle": Over 100 musicians. avant-garde, noise, contemporary classical. Martz's second symphony. NOTE: the complete recording of "The Pillory/The Battle (over of 2 1/2 hours of music) is available elsewhere on CDBaby
3. "The Pillory": Over 40 musicians including members of Frank Zappa's band. Considered a Mellotron masterpiece. Martz's first symphony. NOTE: the complete recording of The PIllory (over 1 hour of music) is available elsewhere on CDBaby
4. "Erosion- The noise of Jasun Martz": Noise from "The Pillory" and "The Battle".
5. "Corrosion- The orchestral music of Jasun Martz": A compilation including "Light" (by the Arts), "Kill" (previously unreleased- by the Intercontinental Philharmonic Orchestra) ), "in light; in dark; in between".
6. "In Opposition- The keyboard compositions of Jasun Martz": Includes never before released tracks: Mellotron, organ, piano, synthesizers.
All songs composed and produced by Jasun Martz. Copyright lusion (ASCAP), Jasun Martz (ASCAP), Music Brut.