POPULAR CLASSICAL GUITAR, Joseph Sullinger, guitar
24 tracks. 47 minutes and 57 seconds. Popular Classical Guitar selections from the Renaissance, Baroque, Romantic and Contemporary periods. Joseph Sullinger, another world class artist from Eroica. Viva!!
This compilation is a selection of wonderful and familiar music for guitar, with lively dances as well as beautiful romantic pieces, which cover several hundred years going back to the Renaissance. It also includes two original compositions by Joseph Sullinger. Track 1 entitled Mi Amor, a two-part piece in the flamenco style, and track 7 –the classical-romantic Sailing.
Born in the United States in 1969, Joseph Sullinger began playing guitar at the age of six on a classical guitar owned by his mother Julia, who was trained as a concert pianist and choir director. His father, Dwight, is currently principal tuba player of the Mexico City Philharmonic Orchestra.
During his first year of guitar, Joseph made his first public performance in a musical program at the school he attended. At age nine he accompanied a choral program and by the age of 12 he was writing original compositions. He became interested in various styles of music including rock and blues and by 13 had formed the first of several original rock groups. He began living on his own at 15 and dedicated himself to constant practice and years of extensive live performances, several of which were with international recording artists.
Eventually his love for classical guitar took priority and his writing style has become an interesting combination of classical and flamenco sounds which have been given various names including “new acoustic” and “world guitar.” However, due to his experience with different styles, his music always tends to have an interesting sound of its own. He currently lives in Mexico writing music, recording, performing and teaching privately.
Popular Classical Guitar
1. Mi Amor Joseph Sullinger
2. Etude in E Minor Francisco Tarrega
3. Gymnopedie #1 Erik Satie
4. Etude in A Major Matteo Carcassi
5. Orlando Sleepeth John Dowland
6. Scarborough Fair Traditional
7. Sailing Joseph Sullinger
8. Bourree Count Bergen
9. Minuet Johann Sebastian Bach
10. Le Nouveau Papillon Op. 5 Matteo Carcassi
11. Spanish Romance Anonymous
12. Pavane Op. 50 Gabriel Faure
13. Lagrima Francisco Tarrega
14. Fandanguillo Traditional Spanish
15. Wilson's Wilde Anonymous
16. Greensleeves Traditional
17. Vals Allegro Matteo Carcassi
18. Adagio Anonymous Baroque Tablature
19. Sarabande in A Minor Johann Anton Logy
20. Vals in G Major Dionisio Aguado
21. Larghetto Espressivo Ferdinando Carulli
22. Adelita Francisco Tarrega
23. Etude in A Minor Mauro Giuliani
24. Brazilian Lullaby Traditional