"...recently bought ...'Can't Get Started"...we are so thrilled with the music that we have just ordered two more copies, to be given to friends. Have been listening to harmonica music for better than 60 years, you are the greatest." George KAPLAN
Featured soloist of Oscar winning soundtrack "The Full Monty"
Julian Jackson was brought up in a musical family in Liverpool & as a student was Hohner British Harmonica Champion for three years running.
Julian moved to London to become the only Harmonica player to ever study at both The Guildhall School Of Music & The Royal Academy of Music. His unique style & ability at both jazz & classical Harmonica has won him the recognition of many musicians & composers including jazz pianist Julian Josephs, and Jazz legend "Toots" Thielemans.
Julian played in the touring quintet of Julian Joseph who commented "his playing has great soul and great melodic content and logic".
Julian's influences include Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, John Coltrane Larry Adler & "Toots" Thielemans. Julian has been fortunate to study with "Toots", who gave Julian one of his personalised Harmonicas. The only other person to have received one of these is Quincy Jones.
Julian has been active in the session scene for,film, television, radio & other artists CDs...
* Anthony Hopkins produced film "August"
* Featured soloist on the Oscar winning soundtrack for the 'The Full Monty'
* Colin Firth film 'Hope Springs'
* TV ads for the beer Stella Artois, for which he plays an excerpt of Verdi's 'Force of Destiny'
* Tracks for SONY's Meja Beckmans album out in 2004
* Tracks for Claire Martin's 2004 release
* Upcoming film release 'Win Dixie' soundtrack will also feature Julian
Live appearances include featured soloist at the World Harmonica Federation in Germany in November 2005.
The Piano Trio that plays in The Julian Jackson Quartet is the Tim Lapthorn Piano Trio:- Tim Lapthorn, piano; Tom Herbert, bass and Patrick Levett, drums.