This song emits spirituality, soul, joy, love and celebration. Deep funky house/dance music with spoken word poetryHappy Kwanzaa celebrates that time of year where we come together as a family to celebrate all that we've endured as well as new beginings.
It's the perfect song to play at Kwanzaa and Christmas time as well as the new year. Kamal Imani brings inspirational and motivational spoken word poetry as he touches on the 7 principles of the Holy Days known as the Nguzo Saba. This holiday concept was created by Dr. Maulana Karenga.
Have no fear as we come into The winter solstice and the new year
We erase negative karma and shed old skin
It’s time for prayer, affirmations and soul reunions
Reunions of love
Reunions of the first principal of Kwanzaa Umoja Unity
So that we can rebuild our communities
2. Kujichagulia we need self determination and to realize that we are a nation within a nation.
3. Ujima collective work and responsibility as we focus on the whole and not individuality
4. Ujaama cooperative economics, The Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey told you that. It’s time to buy Black!
5. Nia, purpose, refocusing on why we are here.
6. Kuumba, Creativity, to innovate and therefore elevate
7. Imani, We must have faith in our God, Our Self and our Soujourn
On your mission on earth, what have you learned?
What have you shared?
Who have you made better?
It’s time to renew our love and respect for one another
Peace to the founder Dr. Maulana Karenga!