New Orleans native Kitty Cleveland, an award-winning singer, songwriter and actress, has been delighting audiences for over 25 years. Music for her is a passion, especially music that glorifies God and elevates the audience to prayer. Her voice, which has a three-octave range, has frequently been likened to a cello: rich, emotive, passionate and lyrical.
Though she put her singing on hold after college to pursue careers as a lawyer, university instructor and career counselor, Kitty’s life as a professional singer began in earnest after launching her first CD in 2000. She has since appeared in concert throughout the United States, in Europe and in Canada.
Kitty's versatility has allowed her to sing for the U.S. bishops in St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome; for U.S. Senators in Washington, DC; with the New Orleans Opera and Tulane Summer Lyric Theater; and even sing back-up vocals for celebrated soprano Sarah Brightman. Thousands of people have also heard her stirring testimony, which she delivers with humor, grace and not a little heartache.
Kitty appeared five times as a guest on EWTN’s "Life on the Rock" television series, as well as EWTN’s "Backstage" television series. She has had numerous appearances on New Orleans television and has received both national and international radio airplay.
• Surrender: Collection of popular liturgical songs, plus two originals. Winner of the 2001 Unity Award ® for “Sacramental Album of the Year”.
• Sacred Arias: Twelve favorite classics with a chamber orchestra. Final nominee for the 2002 Unity Award ® for “Devotional Album of the Year”.
• The Miracle of Love Rosary: International best-seller featuring meditations by Fr. Robert Cavalier, including meditations on the Luminous Mysteries.
• O Holy Night: Well-loved Christmas songs with a Celtic flair.
• The Miracle of Divine Mercy: Original sung Divine Mercy chaplet with a children’s choir, plus two inspiring songs and Kitty’s conversion testimony.
• Be Not Afraid: 2006 release with 12 songs of hope and consolation, including “Now You Come to Me”, an original song inspired by the last words of Pope John Paul II, and “Eye of the Storm”, written by Kitty for the victims and survivors of Hurricane Katrina (music co-written by Bob Halligan, Jr. of band Ceili Rain). Also on the CD singing back-up vocals is Melinda Doolittle of American Idol fame.
• The Scotland Project: An ambitious recording of classic Latin hymns and chant scheduled for the fall of 2007 in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Increasingly invited to share her testimony and her singing all across the US, Kitty now makes her ministry a full-time commitment. Her CDs and cassettes are available online at www.kittycleveland.com, as well as at your local Christian bookstore (distributed by CCC of America, The Orchard, Troubadour for the Lord, and Heartbeat Records). For information on booking Kitty for a concert or speaking engagement, email firstname.lastname@example.org.