The spirit of Doug & Sandy McMaster's concerts brings people back time and again. This CD, recorded live at their concerts, is a celebration of 10! years sharing the history and the music with wonderful audiences. It brings the experience into your home any time you need a little peace and aloha of Kauai.
On this recording you will experience the beauty of traditional Hawaiian slack key guitar music (ki ho'alu). The music is soft and sweet (nahenahe). Slack key is a style combining altered tunings and a unique fingerstyle technique. Born in the late 1700's when guitars first arrived in the islands, it expresses the essence of Hawaii - warm tradewinds, fragrant tropical flowers, gentle surf, and the true spirit of aloha.
Music to Create and Heal By:
Something unexpected happened when we convinced Doug to record the music and release CDs. Letters, emails, and phone calls started pouring in telling us how people were using the music to create and heal by. Here's a few examples:
* One woman used it with guided imagery to release and recover from a terminal illness.
* A little boy with nightmares, found he could sleep all night when he listened while going to sleep.
* An engineer uses it when trying to solve difficult problems.
* Teachers use the music in classes especially in creative activities.
* Premature babies are soothed by the music helping them to regulate their heartbeat and breathing.
* It's used in hospice work.
* Surgeons listen to maintain a calm and focused intent on their delicate work.
* Patients listen to it in surgery and during recovery.
* One man listened to the music and found it to work better than the pain pills after his back surgery.
* It helps children with developmental challenges such as autism.
* A critic said "it's the perfect antidote for stress" after listening in rush hour traffic.
Sit back, relax, and let the songs and their stories work their magic on your heart and soul.
Here's some of the comments from our customers:
Hanalei Tradition II has arrived and, without a doubt, it's another winner! We love it!
As it is playing my eyes and heart are filled with happy and joyful "McMaster tears." What a great idea it was to make a CD of your wonderful concerts. Yes, this CD definitely puts me right in a front row seat in the Community Center listening and watching as you play your special and beautiful music and tell the stories I love to hear.
- Marian & Dale
We just got your new CD. Love it! Pat said it is just like being there.
- Bill & Pat
AMAZING! I just sat on my Lanai here in Santa Ynez CA and listened for the first time. It is beautiful. I was truly taken to Kauai as I listened.
My CD Hanalei Tradition II arrived Friday... You are absolutely right... Bob and I were magically transported back to Kauai reliving a wonderful evening. We will be back on our next trip in 2011!
- Sally & Bob
We just received our new CD yesterday, and could not wait to enjoy it last evening. It is all we had hoped it would be! We were returned to Hanalei and the concert that we attended on Feb 21, 2010, which both of us felt was one of the best highlights of our trip. The concert set the “tone” for the rest of our stay. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for being there, and doing what you do. We do so appreciate you!
- Gary and Linda
Each day I think of you. And so hope you are doing wonderfully. Perhaps it's your newest CD that brings you closer to mind. I love your voices enter-twined with the beautiful slack key. It truly brings me comfort