1. Body Scan Meditation - used daily for the first two weeks. The instructions teach us to shift attention throughout the body, experiencing sensations in the body directly, without having to change them or achieve any special state.
2. Stretch and Breath Meditation - used during Week 3 of the programme (on alternate days). A sequence of five simple standing stretches bring body sensations into focus during each movement, and is followed by a sitting meditation with a focus on sensations of the breath, and then on the whole body breathing.
3. Mindful Movement Meditation - used during Week 3 of the programme, alternating with the Stretch and Breath. Simple stretches starting from a lying posture allow body sensations to be explored, in movement and in stillness. This teaches us to explore and respect the body's natural limits without forcing beyond them, judgement or self-criticism.
4. Breathing Space Meditation, used 3 times a day from week 3.
5. 40 minute Sitting Meditation - used daily from Week 4 of the programme, this mindfulness practice invites us to focus on the breath, the body, sounds, thoughts and feelings. We learn to see our thoughts and feelings from a new perspective, relating to them just as we relate to sounds and discovering that, if we leave them be, thoughts often come and go like clouds in the sky.
6. 20 minute Sitting Meditation, an option to be used from week 6.
7. 10 minute Sitting Meditation, an option to be used from week 6.
8. 30 minute period of Silence with bells at 5,10, 15, 20 and 30 minutes, an option to be used from week 6.