The abbreviation NTS stands for a joint project of three musicians with different backgrounds: contemporary art-music composer and keyboard player Michal Nejtek, jazz double-bass player Petr Tichý and rock drummer Štěpán Smetáček.
The NTS trio and their debut are teaching at the University of improvisation, branch Music, subject Fusion of seemingly incompatible genre principals. It´s no short curriculum but a full 70 minutes of proving how music can be original. The recording pretty much evokes sex; hence the appropriate title "Libido Trip".
...Non prejudice in their sound
- 04.02.2010 / Josef Rauvolf
…Since long, I didn´t happen to put on an avant-garde jazz CD whose magnetic power would force me to listen to all the compositions – till the very last one.
- Josef Musil Elnorsen
- NTS offer compositions where rock complements the jazz imagination and with pregnancy of classical music. Emerson, Lake and Palmer of our days!
- Excellent musicianship – above all piano. In contrary of most jazz squads who do play in small clubs more or less for themselves, this music can be well presented at a big international festivals.
- The NTS trio is mainly interesting for the experience from different music milieus, which each of the protagonists brings into the project.
Folk&Country April 2010
A cheerful encounter of three jazzmen from some outer space. These three but love jazz and its free offsets. They all enjoy games with ambient areas and all possible electronic waves and sounds. By and large – music from Mars...
- Musicserver.cz, Richard Kutěj, 11. 01. 2010