Who is Peter Alsop?
- an educational psychologist who writes great songs for kids
- a national lecturer, humorist and motivational speaker
- winner of eight Best Children’s Album awards
- a Dad with an open mind and a sense of humor
- a video producer, feature film director and actor
- an organizational consultant
- a Certified Experiential Therapist
PETER ALSOP is a nationally known singer-songwriter, educator and humorist with a Ph.D. in educational psychology. He graduated from Trinity College in Connecticut and did his doctoral work at Columbia University's Teachers' College and Columbia Pacific University. He's worked as the Director of The Harbor Schools Residential Treatment Center for emotionally disturbed adolescents in Maine and as a Junior Guidance elementary school teacher in the New York's South Bronx.
His nineteen audio recordings and seven DVDs consistently win "BEST CHILDREN'S" awards from organizations such as
Parents' Choice and the Association For Independent Music.
His songs are used daily by thousands of parents, educators and human service professionals to help families discuss sensitive issues such as child abuse, loss & grief and chemical dependency.
He's acted on stage and television, directed a feature film, and he performs extensively at conferences, festivals and concerts throughout the United States and Canada as well as hosting annual training workshops at his Otter Space Conference Center in northern California. He lives in Topanga, CA with his wife, actress /director Ellen Geer.