Robert C. Fekete is a Jazz pianist and composer who shares his musical philosophy with others through performance and audio recording. His roots are planted firmly in classical and jazz traditions; however he aspires to build a bridge between modern popular music and older musical art forms without losing his focus on the relevance and necessity of art in the world. Robert recognizes the importance of recruiting young people to the jazz art form. He conveys this message through his musical compositions and when he performs live.
* Bachelor of Education, Intermediate/ Senior, Faculty of Education/ Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, 1997/98.
* Instrumental Music- Primary teachable
* History- Secondary teachable
* Cross cultural Education
* Learning and Human Behavior
* Bachelor of Music, Specialist- Jazz Performance, University of Toronto, 1996. Principal Instrument-Piano. Private Instruction with Gary Williamson, Don Thompson and Brian Dickinson. Studies in World music historically and stylistically: Afro-American, Afro-Cuban, and European Music. Studies in contemporary philosophies pertaining to Jazz Education.
* Diploma of Music, Mohawk College, Hamilton, 1988. Principal Instrument-Piano. Private Instruction with Nick Deutsch and Don Thompson. Jazz Harmony, Arranging and Composition with Dave McMurdo & Mike Malone.
* Academic Experience other than Degree or Diploma. Grade 9 piano and Grade 3 Harmony, Royal Conservatory with First Class Honors. Studied at an intense and competitive Jazz specialist Workshop at the Banff Centre for the Performing Arts, July/1991
* Currently Jazz Piano Teacher for McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
* Ten years of Private and Ensemble instruction, (1987-97), at the inter-provincial Music Camp, Jazz Division, in Perry Sound under the leadership of Phil Nimmons.
* Four years of experience setting up a high school program at Columbia International College in Hamilton, Ontario.(2000-2003).
* Substitute Teacher, Mohawk College, Hamilton, Ontario, for Will Jarvis, 1990.
* Private teaching instructor at Mohawk College School of Music, Hamilton, Ontario, 1988-90.
* St. Mary’s Secondary School, Hamilton, Ontario, October to November of 1997, and March to April of 1998.
* Ancaster High and Vocation School, Ancaster, Ontario, February of 1998.
* Clinician with the boards of education- 1990 to present.
* Private instructor at the Music Stand, Upper James street, Hamilton, Ontario, 1987/88.
* Private tutor at Long and McQuade’s Music in Burlington 1996 to present.
* Self Employed Private Piano, Theory, composing and arranging teacher, 1988-present.
* Composer and arranger for “pop band”, Daba Rojaba, 1 Album, copyright, 1989.
* Associate composer and arranger for “ Jazz Fusion” band, Rapid Transit,
* 2 CD’s, copyright, 1993 and 1995. Two successful European Tours.
* Musician for MCA recording artist John Cody, performing with Tom Cochrane and Jeff Healy,!993-95.
* Performed for U.N. Peacekeepers in Haiti and Elsmere Island with a musical production Touring group under the leadership of Karris Nagy, 1996.
* Freelance performer Throughout Ontario and Buffalo, 1986-present.
* Theme and incidental music for ONTV’s Comedy at Club 54, Friday nights at 11:30pm.
* Composed, Produced and Arranged music for Royal Banks’ Global Private Banking wing through McLellan Group in Toronto. 2000.
* Co wrote music score for musical episode of Fox Family Networks’ Sixth Grade Alien. 2001.
* Wrote children’s music for Swordfish Studios in Hamilton. 2002.
* TV show “THE WRONG COAST” for AMC network in USA.