All of Rudy's CDs are perfect for anyone interested in establishing a Gentle Yoga home practice. The movement sequences on these CDs have been developed and refined over many years of teaching. The CDs are grouped into two collections: The Gentle Series and The Invigoration Series.
All CDs in both series are:
• Appropriate for you whether you are a beginner or a seasoned yoga student
• Particularly well-suited for you if you are in your mid-life or senior years
• A support for you in your goal to begin, renew or sustain an at-home practice of yoga with a variety of guided sequences
• Enhanced by customized soundtracks composed and performed by Mark Kelso, who infuses all of his music with compassion and kindness
The Gentle Series is a collection of four Gentle Yoga practice CDs; you can start with any one of the four.
Each CD in the Gentle Series includes:
• Simple guided stretching and strengthening movements that will help you to create comfort in your body
• Basic breathing techniques, guided relaxation, and meditation to help calm the restlessness in your mind
Gentle I includes two 40-minute tracks that can be used separately or together, when time permits, for a full Gentle Yoga class experience. Unique to this Gentle Yoga CD is an abdominal strengthening sequence to support low-back health.
Rudy Peirce, MA, a certified yoga teacher since 1982, is a perennial student of the yoga of life. He is devoted to approaching the practice of yoga as an exploration. Dedicated to making yoga accessible to those who may feel they are inflexible, weak, broken or over-the-hill, he offers Gentle Yoga programs regularly at Kripalu Center in Lenox, MA and yoga vacations to Tuscany. Rudy has been a yoga teacher trainer since 1988. Based on the yogic principle of ahimsa, non-violence, Rudy's approach to yoga encourages you to create comfort in the body and a calm easy breath. In Gentle Yoga with Rudy you will deepen body awareness, learn effective relaxation techniques, increase breath capacity and practice concentration.