Samba Bom, Live Brazilian music for listening and to dance.
Samba Bom, a Midwest-based music ensemble that offers authentic sounds of Brazil mixed with the flavor of carnaval.
The group plays an unique mix of Brazilian popular song styles, including:
* Samba, the energetic national rhythm of Brazil
* Bossa Nova, a laid-back, seductive sound that merges jazzy melodies with the essence of the samba beat (popularized by Antonio Carlos Jobim and songs like “The Girl from Ipanema”)
* Brazilian Jazz, under the influence of American Jazz, this the newest style of world music.
* Olodum, an rhythm-heavy, Afro-Brazilian sound tinged with reggae (popularized by Olodum)
* Forro, a lively syncopated sound from the rural northeastern Brazil
* Chorinho, a richly melodic sound driven by string instruments like guitar, flute & cavaquinho.
* Batucada, an exciting, all-percussive jam session that brings any audience to its feet to dance along with the group - just like carnaval in Rio de Janeiro
No matter what kind of event you are organizing, or if you are listening to it in the car, or your in your living room, Samba Bom "Samba Mundo" CD will enhance your time with energy, and creative music that you and your guests will love. The CD is great for dancers as well, either to a slow or fast tempo Brazilian styles adding to your listening a taste of tropical Brazil.
Samba Bom features musicians, many of them Brazilians, who have performed together in the Midwest USA for over many years. They perform at a variety of venues including music festivals, nightclubs, private functions and schools.
Samba Bom is under the direction of Moacyr Marchini, a native of Brazil, who has been playing in the St. louis area for over 25 years. Get more information about Samba Bom through its website (www.sambabom.com).