Setrak A. Setrakian
Lebanese Composer and Pianist
Music Education: 1950-1960 Studied piano, solfege, theory and harmony with Professor Ernest Chouha in "Ernest Chouha" Music College in Aleppo, Syria.
* 1961-1962 Studied piano and harmony with Professor T. Succar, Mrs. Turkiyeh and Professor Michel Tcheskinov in the National Conservatoire of Lebanon.
* 1962-1964 Studied in the National Conservatoire of Damascus, Syria, harmony and composition with Professor Sergey Schydril.
* 1964-1965 Studied piano and composition with Professor Gunther Kohl in Jerusalem.
* 1966-1970 Gave piano lessons of piano and harmony in Aleppo and Damascus.
* 1971-1972 Invited to "Komitas" Conservatoire of Yerevan, Armenia to specialize with the following professors:
1) Etvart Mirzoyan Composition
2) Etvart Baghdasarian Harmony
3) Krikor Hakhinian Polyphony
4) Kevork Armenian Orchestration
5) Elenora Atamian Piano
6) Aved Derderian Opera Composition
* 1974-1978 Professor of piano in College Mont la Salle, Ain Saadeh.
* 1978-1980 Professor of piano in College des Apotre, Jounieh.
* 1980-1985 Professor of piano in Beirut, Lebanon. (personal lessons)
* 1985-1988 Professor of piano and music in the Armenian Theological Seminary of the Catholicosate of Cilicia.
* 1986-1987 Professor of piano and harmony at P. Ganatchian Music College, Beirut.
* 1987-1999 Director and professor of piano, harmony, composition, and music analyzing in P. Ganatchian Music College, Beirut.
N.B. In 1994 I have been awarded by the Catholicos KAREKINE I of Cilicia, the medal of honor St. "MESROB MACHDOTZ".