Designed by Houndskape bloodhounds and in collaboration with dog handlers and breeders, Sounds for Hounds offers all dogs – pedigree or mixed breed – pup or adult - a perfect audio introduction to everyday sounds.
Sounds for Hounds is dual purpose. For pups, it functions as an introduction to everyday sounds – as an aid to puppy socialization – thus helping to prevent the development of sound phobias. Individual audio clips can also be used - in conjunction with positive reinforcement training techniques - as a desensitization training tool.
With 21 themed live recordings and a reward reinforcement instruction guide (available from Soundskapes for digital download customers), you can train or rehabilitate your dog(s), helping them to make positive associations with the bangs, crackles, screeches, pops, and roars in daily life.
AROUND THE HOUSE:
(1) Doors opening and closing, doorbells, mail through the letterbox, telephone ringing (2) dishwasher (3) Extractor fan, hairdryer, vacuum cleaner (4) power tools and lawn mower (5) washing machine (6) spin cycle
LIVESTOCK and PETS:
(7) cats and dogs (8) chickens, pigs, sheep, horse, ducks, cow, birdsong
(9) newborn babies crying, baby babble, baby laughing, baby squealing, baby playing with toys, toddler crying (10) children playing (11) crowds and shopping malls
(12) bangers and firecrackers (13) fireworks (light mix) (14) public firework display (15) thunder, gunshots, hammering
(16) aeroplanes and jets (17) sirens (18) joggers, motorbikes and cycles (19) trains and the underground/metro (20) background traffic (21) van reversing, car alarm and car horns