Ted Shinn with Eddie Three Eagles
Thank you for stopping by my page and blessings to you. This marks the first collaboration with legendary Eddie Three Eagles. He’s also a great human being with a wonderful sense of humor!
This is a pop collection of message and story driven songs. Make no mistake, it’s time to save the planet and if you resonate to this music you are more than likely doing your part. This will just make the task a bit lighter.
Here’s the lowdown on the songs:
1. "Raven" is about a close friend of mine who was falsely accused of a crime he didn’t commit. Nonetheless, he spent time in jail for it. As he is Native American, this gave rise to the idea of incorporating a Native American element and also to the idea of collaborating with Eddie Three Eagles, who is Native American. It’s haunting and mournful, as it should be for this kind of subject matter.
2. "Western Sky" has us imagine a Native American spirit-figure who comes to the author while he’s hiking in Red Cañon. This upbeat, infectious song “that won’t go away” features Eddie Three Eagles in his native Cherokee. It’s a wild ride and a message of warning!
3. "Time (Like A River Flows)" is a gorgeous pop melody with Ted’s custom made guitar in the forefront. This song is also about facing the end of life with someone you love. Eddie Three Eagles soul-touching flute floats over the melody like the “soft and gentle breeze.” This song was written June 6th, 2008 and is one of those melodies that just felt out of the sky.
4. "Camping Trip" is a catchy anthem about a true experience at a Native American-influenced “heart circle.” In a heart circle, the one who holds the stone speaks from the heart. There’s no judgment or comments, just a safe, sacred space for the heart to speak. Powerful, indeed. I was give the opportunity to actually perform this song at Heart Circle gathering last summer.
5. "Whispering Wind" is composed and performed by Eddie Three Eagles on Native American Flute. It’s ethereal and intimate, powerful yet vulnerable.
6. "You’ll Be There For Me" is an indie, alternative pop ballad with a Peter Gabriel-esque synthesizer lead and telecaster guitar. This song was written for the person in my life.
7. "The World Is At Your Feet" is a feel-good 70’s style pop with great lyrical imagery.
8. "Señora Shake The Party Line" is a Jimmy Buffett-style Caribbean pop song with a trio of vocals and unforgettable tune. And it turns me upside down!
9. "Trinidad" is a song about my experience living in Trinidad. It’s about descent into madness, complete with a dissonant, carnival-dance ending.
10. "Sacred Planet" is the reason you are here. This song is about the urgency to act upon saving our precious planet. Where else can we roam? I have to ask all of you. It features Eddie Three Eagles on flute and also singing in Native Cherokee.
11. "Wishing Song" is an upbeat, happy and hopeful instrumental with a wild guitar ride at the end. You may have anything you desire after hearing this song, according to the Goddess.
12. "I’ll Live In Your Memory" was actually written for my acclaimed one-man cabaret show, which everyone seems to be afraid of here in Colorado. Cabaret only refers to the type of venue, folks. The unenlighted think it’s going to be some sort of drag show! However, this song is a Broadway-style melody about your life’s memories and not forgetting those who have gone before us.
SAVE THE PLANET!