Teeny Tucker Information
Many Blues singers claim to be the real deal …
Teeny Tucker doesn’t make that claim …
Teeny Tucker is already the real deal!
Let’s see what the Blues industry has to say about Teeny;
* 2011 "Sun Sessions" TV episode recorded at SUN Records, Memphis TN
* 2011 Blues Foundation "Artist of the Year" nominee
* 2010 “Monterey Bay Blues Artist of the Year” ~ MOBAY Award - (First awarded to Etta James)
* 2008 & 2011 Blues Blast "Artist of the Year" nominee
* Following her 2008 critically acclaimed CD, “Two Big M’s,” Teeny Tucker and her band lay down one of the best CDs of the year! – James “Skyy Dobro” Walker
• "one of the 10 best closers in the business" - Marquette Blues Director
• "Teeny always has em' on their feet ... she does it at every performance" - Poconos Festival Director
• Once you hear her mature and sophisticated appeal, you’ll find it easy to let her in and impossible to let her go. – BluesBlast Review 2010
• Teeny’s new CD (Keep the Blues Alive) may be the best 2010 Blues CD from a Female, or, for that matter, anyone. – Blues Underground
• Songs are currently in heavy rotation on XM satelite, Viewers Choice, and major Blues radio
• Teeny’s one of the very best, as proven on this fine recording ~ Michael G. Nastos, All Music Guide
• Teeny Tucker – Nominated for “Best Female Blues Artist of 2008” - BluesBlast
• Two Big M’s ranked 15th in the top 25 best new 2008 releases - by Bob Davis of Soul Patrol.
• “Two Big M’s is the best CD to cross my desk in a long, long time.” - Al Lundy, Highway Blues
• “Two Big M’s - sure to be a favorite of 2008…Highly recommended.” - Illinois Blues Blast
• “Tucker’s emergence into the front line of contemporary blues women” - Living Blues Review
• “Two Big M’s is her best vocal effort to date.” - Bruce Iglauer, Alligator Records
• “Teeny is blessed with genuine star quality.” - Columbus Monthly Magazine
• “A big voiced blues singer. First Class Woman puts Teeny firmly in the front ranks of women blues singers and heralds a major talent.” Jeff Harris of Bad Dog Blues
• “Teeny has what everybody likes to hear.” Kaz Kazanoff
Teeny Tucker Background and other Points of Interest
Although Teeny was born into blues royalty, (daughter of Tommy “Hi-Heel Sneakers” Tucker), one need only to hear Teeny to know that she has cultivated and developed her “gifts” into her very own uniquely compelling world-class package. As a child, this Dayton Ohio native began singing in the church choir. This experience, like so many other soulful success stories, undoubtedly began to chart the course of Teeny’s music career. The paths which would lead to her abilities to interpret with soulful, bluesy, and uniquely stylistic renderings was set.
A 1994 performance at the Apollo Theater won over the notoriously cruel and scrutinizing audience, which earned Teeny a standing ovation. Encouraged by the Apollo experience, Teeny started her professional singing career in November, 1996, when she caught the attention of a German blues promoter and manager who had promoted European tours for her father. Since then, her musical journey has seen Teeny performing at many of the major blues festivals in the U.S., Sweden, France, Switzerland, Belgium, and Italy. Teeny was chosen for the cover of July/August 2004 edition of King Biscuit Time Magazine accompanied by a featured story of her musical journey.
Teeny has been invited to appear on the same bill with great blues artists such as: B.B. King, KoKo Taylor, Etta James, Buddy Guy, The Holmes Brothers, Calvin Owens, Robert Cray, Keb Mo, Deanna Bogart, Kenny Neal, Bobby Rush, John Mayall, and many others.
Teeny wrote the lyrics for 8 of the 11 songs on her second CD, titled First Class Woman, which received substantial airplay on XM Satellite, Music Choice and blues radio stations all over the country. Her songwriting abilities earned Teeny a place as a top-ten finalist in the International Songwriting Competition. Teeny is a two-time, top-three finalist in the International Blues Challenge, which is held annually in Memphis, Tennessee.
In 2008, Teeny Tucker was invited to appear on the MAIN STAGE of the Monterey Blues Festival. She also was nominated for the “2008 Best Female Blues Artist” of the year by BluesBlast Magazine. Teeny’s last CD, Two Big M’s, was ranked in the 15 spot on the Bob Davis list of 2008 top 25 releases, and reached the number 6 spot on the Living Blues chart. Two Big M’s was selected by the Blues Foundation as one of the six finalists for “Best Self-Produced Blues CD of the Year.”
2009 was another banner year. Major festival appearances included Monterey Blues Festival, Briggs Farm Festival, Beaches in Toronto, Canada, DC Blues Festival, Hot Licks, Redwood, Oldtown, Creekside Blues Festival, Knoxville, TN Alive After Five New Years Eve Celebration, and more. Throughout the year, Teeny worked on original material for her upcoming 2010 CD release, Keep the Blues Alive.
2010 began with a smash appearance creating a crowd frenzy at the River City Blues Festival. Reviewer Steve Welles declared Teeny “the highlight of the Saturday lineup.” Other 2010 festivals include Duvel Blues Festival in Belgium, Music In the Air Festival, a return trip to the Monterey Bay Blues Festival, Hudson River Blues Festival in NYC, TAWAS Blues Festival, Vermont Blues Festival, Marquette Blues Festival, Columbus Jazz and Blues RibFest, Recording a 30-minute “Sun Sessions” episode which will air on PBS in 2011 in every major market in the USA and more. Also, 2010 is the year in which the much anticipated, and critically acclaimed, Teeny Tucker CD, “Keep the Blues Alive,” was released.
I'm sure glad that I didn't have to select a single, so I made it easy and simply added all 11 songs from the outstanding album "Keep The Blues Alive" to my playlist on the RadioIO Blues channel for the listening pleasure of my audience over there. I think that she is a young woman with a bright future, because she knows exactly where she came from. Hopefully somebody will hear something and maybe this time next year some of the folks at places like BET just might be featuring Ms. Teeny Tucker? ~ Bob Davis (Soul Patrol)
Another spectacular release! Teeny will reel you in with her exquisite voice as it is strong and soulful with an abundance of sincere emotions coming straight from the heart. You will definitely enjoy the outstanding vocals of Teeny Tucker on her irresistible CD, Keep the Blues Alive. ~ RadioIndy Review Team
Teeny plays, and consistently creates "crowd frenzy" at MAJOR Blues Festivals such as: (Monterey Bay, Poconos, Hudson River NYC, Vermont, Briggs Farm, TAWAS, Marquette, Duvel Blues in Belgium, Beaches International Canada, DC Blues Festival, OldTown, Hot Licks Blues, and many, many more. Experience the “real-deal, allakazam Blues-wham” of Teeny Tucker at an appearance near you!