"A precious recording for fans of the Brazilian Jazz / Bossa Nova genre" - Nando Lauria (Pat Metheny Group)
"His lines flow beautifully, and his compositions are quite ingenious".
- Dr. Frank Forte (Just Jazz Guitar - Magazine)
"These are beautifully balanced performances, well conceived and flawlessly executed".
- Peter Westbrook (jazzreview.com)
"Stellar with fluid lines and wonderful compositions"
- Peter Sprague (SBE Records)
"Superb guitar playing" - Gary Campbell (Jazz Saxophonist)
Jazz Guitarist Walter Rodrigues, Jr. graduated from the Musicians Institute (GIT) in 1990. In 1992 he was offered a full scholarship at the Florida International University, where he graduated in jazz performance.
Walter lives in Miami and has performed with several local musicians, including Arturo Sandoval among others. Lately, he has been working on new projects, performing and teaching.
More over, Walter's music speaks for itself. His first album "Beyond Words" consists of a fine selection of his own compositions, backed by top-notch musicians.
Walter Rodrigues, Jr: guitars
Gary Campbell: tenor saxophone
Jason Carter: trumpet, flugelhorn
Tom McCormick: flute
Jim Gasior: keyboards
Gabriel Vivas: electric bass
Jaime Rivera: electric bass
Dan Feifzli: acoustic bass
Gutz Kujack: drums, percussion
Quinteto LouvArte: jazz vocals (track #2)
1. Smile Here She Is 3:52 (WRJazz Music / BMI)
2. Jonah, The Swimmer 3:47 (WRJazz Music / BMI)
3. Swing Waltz 5:07 (WRJazz Music / BMI)
4. Muito Mais /Much More 3:39 (WRJazz Music / BMI)
5. Secret 5:18 (WRJazz Music / BMI)
6. Psalm 150 3:45 (WRJazz Music / BMI)
7. Last Minute 3:42 (WRJazz Music / BMI)
8. Amazing Grace 2:54 (Traditional)