When you buy music at CD Baby, you're buying directly from the artist.
Support Independent Musicians
Whether you love hip hop or opera, Latin jazz or folk-rock, when you buy from CD Baby, you're not just taking home a bit of music; You're supporting an artist's ability to continue recording and performing. The lion's share of the money you spend at CD Baby ends up back in the hands of the artists themselves!
About CD Baby:
CD Baby is based in Portland, Oregon (land of microbrews, overcast skies, and constant creativity). We're a company run by artists, for artists. Almost everyone here is a musician, writer, filmmaker, painter, dancer, tinkerer, or vegetable juggler! If you're in the neighborhood, drop on by, take a tour, and sing us a tune!
CD Baby Facts
- We started in a garage in 1998
- We've grown to become a global leader in independent music distribution (pretty cool!).
- We've paid out over $250 million to our artists.
- We're home to the world's largest giant crazy-ball of packing slips.
Why Shop at CD Baby?
Discover your next favorite album on CD Baby.com today!
Are you an artist that would like to sell your music on CD Baby.com?
- Find awesome and unique music by independent artists from around the world
- Discover 850 unique music genres
- Browse the 300k+ artists who sell their music on CDBaby.com
- Support musicians who have bypassed the major label system in order to be independent
- Shop knowing that CD Baby artists set their own album prices and discounts.
- Know that CD Baby has the most free-range, organic, grass-fed independent music in the world (with almost 400k albums and 3 million tracks in our catalog).