"The sound is dynamic, rhythmically dense, texturally rich, and emotionally present–kind of like Pat Benatar, but more late ’90s than ’80s with a good dose of funk and some sneaky bits of electronic sounds tossed in to round things out." - Brooklyn Benjestorf, Seattle Sound Magazine
The sounds you hear on this EP were made by Furniture Girls: stayC Meyer (vocals), Nikki Wolgamott (keys/vocals/beats), Bubba Jones (guitars), Thane Mitchell (live drums/percussion) and Jim Watkins (bass).
Full album credits:
1. Playin’ - Words: stayC • Music: Nikki, stayC & Bubba • Additional vocals: Anisa Romero
2. BPM - Words: Nikki • Music: Nikki & Bubba • Additional Guitar: stayC
3. Chitoses Golden Gate - Words: stayC • Music: Nikki & Bubba • Steel drum/percussion: Thane • Additional vocals: Anisa Romero
4. Aurora Village Daddy - Words: Nikki & stayC • Music: Nikki & Bubba • Additional vocals: “Rince”
5. Riviera (Gypsy Mix) - Words: stayC & Nikki • Music: Nikki & Bubba • Violin: Melissa Kiepke • Steel drum: stayC • Percussion: Thane • Additional vocals: Nikki, Thane, Rob Marcus, Wazhma & Gazelle Samizay
6. Ballad of Baby Bear (Bohemian Mix) - Words: stayC • Music: Nikki, Bubba, Thane & Jim • Additional vocals: Shaina Winkelmann • Glockenspiel: Nikki • Percussion: Thane
Tracks 1- 4: Produced by Bubba jones. Recorded at ContactCreate (Snohomish, WA). Additional recording at Moscozzi Music (Seattle, WA). Mixing, mastering & additional production by Michael Cozzi. Engineered by Bubba Jones, Tim McClanahan & Michael Cozzi. Assisted by Nathan Todd, Stephen Michael Hogan, Audra O’Dell & Paul Herlihey.
Tracks 5 - 6: Produced & engineered by Bubba Jones & Thane Mitchell. Recorded at ContactCreate Annex (Seattle, WA). Mixed & mastered at ContactCreate Central (Seattle, WA).
All tracks © 2009 Furniture Girls. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable laws. All rights reserved.